Workshop Technical Manager
- Post Date:May 12, 2021
- Views 584
- Career Level ManagerQualification DegreeExperience 10-15 Years
- Industry Transportation
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of Workshop Technical Manager that has arisen at J&J Transport Harare
The Workshop Technical Manager is responsible for J&J’s maintenance and repair of all fleets in Harare. The focus is on defining, implementing, improving and maintaining state of the art workshop systems.
Scope of Responsibilities
The scope of responsibilities of the Workshop Technical Manager covers all Workshop areas and the fleet within the Company, overseeing and developing each area and managing the human resources, in order to guarantee the efficiency and quality of service within the Company.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Design and implement state of the art workshop systems and processes;
- Managing proactively the proper maintenance, servicing and roadworthiness of the fleet within agreed standard;
- Ensure that all assets are kept in sterling condition and in safe and good working order whilst being maintained and cosmetically good to look at;
- Adhering to all standard operating procedures (SOP) provided by the manufacturer of the machine/vehicle or its agent;
- Manage all data and records of the fleet in FMS whilst advising which vehicle should move between fleets and ensuring that the physical vehicle matches with the record on FMS;
- Managing pro-actively the availability of spare parts with the ultimate goal to reduce unscheduled downtime of the fleet;
- Ensure that all spares’ requirements are communicated to stores department, in order to ensure that stores carry sufficient stocks to minimize vehicle down time and that any extraordinary repairs are planned for in advance (where possible);
- Developing and complying with all HSES regulations for all work processes in the workshop area by developing anti-theft measures and assuming full responsibility for all tools, spare parts, diesel, etc;
- Manage, supervise, support and develop Workshop team, ensuring a high level of motivation, discipline and morale is maintained at all time;
Competences and Aptitudes
- Pro-active management style with initiative, dynamism and assertiveness approach.
- High levels of responsibility and accountability;
- Planning and Organizational Skills;
- Energetic hands-on individual with strong leadership skills;
Hard Skills – Background / Technical Competences
- Academic Background: Degree in Mechanical Engineering or other Technical Mechanic background;
- Experience required: 10-15 years, preferably in Transports, managing a medium/large workshop;
- Good understanding of the Business and Business Needs;
- Age (minimum / maximum): 35-45;
Interested candidates who meet the job requirements should e-mail their CVs to [email protected] with the heading “WORKSHOP TECHNICAL MANAGER” not later than 14 May 2021.
NB: APPOINTMENTS WILL BE MADE IN COMPLIANCE WITH J&J’s RECRUITEMENT POLICY
Related Jobs (46)
Researcher – Gender Equality and Women Political Leadership on January 18, 2022 Consultancy Contract