Website Development, Hosting and Maintenance
- Post Date:July 22, 2021
- Apply Before: August 6, 2021
- Views 22
- Career Level ConsultantQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry ICT
The Zimbabwe Farmers Union (ZFU) is seeking a company to develop their website on secure open-source platform; Ensure a complete site rebuild, hosting on an existing server and maintenance at standard intervals.
ZFU strives to promote and advance farmers’ interests and welfare through representation, networking, information dissemination, capacity building, formation of commercially viable enterprises, gender mainstreaming and mobilizing of resources and members.
- Provide a standard content management system for ZFU dynamic information dissemination.
- Online presence of ZFU, providing general background information of the union.
- Presentation of ZFU structures, partners, and stakeholders.
- Outlining membership categories as follows (Small-Holder farmers, Small-Scale commercial farmers, Large-Scale commercial farmers).
- Provide a section for dynamic news articles.
- Section for monthly newsletter articles and downloads in pdf format.
- Develop an online membership registration form and subscription section.
- Provide an overall membership status monitoring dashboard.
- Individual member services shop, access to Land Tillage service bookings, Life assurance service registrations, magazine shopping, health, and medical insurance service registration.
- Digital or electronic library.
- Online Centralized database for multiple remote users with offline form data cache.
- ISAL groups management module.
- Projects database module.
Refer to our current website www.zfu.org.zw for more information and existing content.
The ZFU website is build on Drupal 7, a user-friendly CMS. However, we intend to upgrade to a latest version of Drupal or any other user-friendly secure opensource CMS suitable for the above-mentioned functions.
Scope of work
The scope of work includes two main areas.
- Redeveloping the existing ZFU website on a secure platform and continue hosting on the existing services, provide security certificates (https / ssl).
- Implement the new features using skip logic / conditional branching on recurring forms to minimize form filling process. Develop a functional system following the provided business rules.
ZFU member services
- Only ZFU subscribed and paid-up members should access medical aid and life assurance registration forms, List of discounts offering Agro-dealers’ shops and their locations.
- Both ZFU and Non ZFU members can access land Tillage booking services, should be able to marry the service pre-payment to the customer details upon payment verification.
- System should be able to manage or monitor tillage job status, pending and completed.
The services required and activities will include.
- Redeveloping / cloning the existing site using compatible technologies to ensure full function retention. Adding the new features and include automation between membership registration and subscription payment validation.
- Provide user training on content management and interaction with the site.
- Training on site backup.
- Ensuring site responsiveness across mobile and desktop devices.
- Providing scalability between the site and possible android application.
- Optimize the site for low bandwidth users.
- Implement a basic “blog” function with integrated twitter and facebook posting.
- Browser compatibility. The site must be compatible with the current versions of the following browsers (Edge, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, and Chrome but not limited to other existing browsers.
2. Website hosting:
- The current website is being hosted by ZOL, which is our internet service provider, and we intend to maintain that relationship. The future website should replace the current website, to ensure continuity of hosting services from ZOL.
3.Web site maintenance:
- Website content updates: The contracted web development company should assist our information offers whenever they face difficulties in updating the content. It should be endeavoured that as much changes as possible be made from the CMS user interface.
- Provide interval site maintenance services after development and rollout, including security certificates.
The contracted company should provide a full source code and documentation of the site, to ZFU.
4.Search Engine Optimization and site analysis
- The contracted web development company will ensure the search engine optimization.
The SEO work will include:
- Keyword research & analysis
- Site analysis
- Competitive analysis
- Site content optimization
- HTML code optimization
- Search Engine submission (free search engines)
- Link exchange
- Web ranking report
The proposal should
- clearly establish an understanding of the services required and separate out activities according to the two areas of work listed above.
- describe how the company engages with its clients: what processes they follow and requirements they have regarding timelines, rates, requests, sign-off and payments;
- provide a standard SLA; and
- include CV of the team of (programmers and designers) assigned to the work, the timetable, and the financial proposal. The budget should be broken down by activities.
The proposals received will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
- Profile and experience of the company 40%
- Professional capacity and experience of professionals assigned 40%
- Accessibility and proximity of the support team 10%
- Pricing 10%
The deadline for submissions is 5 August 2021. ZFU’s IT officer is managing the contract. Any questions should be sent to: Mr Godfrey Katsande email [email protected].