- Post Date:January 8, 2021
- Views 432
- Career Level OtherQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
We are a trust duly registered in Zimbabwe, that operates as a hybrid entity with five mother initiatives, all with their own sub-identities. We are looking for a talented Web Designer to create amazing user experiences for our stakeholders, partners and the public. The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean and artful web design. We are not looking for manipulation of templates and themes provided by different CMS and website creating platforms like WordPress. We are looking for someone willing to put in the work in hard coding and develop a unique website that speaks to our identity. We plan to integrate our own podcast, a publications library, a blog, and news in our site. More time will be spent on the varying menus that slightly differ for each of our initiatives and custom badges we want developed.
We know exactly what we want our site to look like and we are looking for a designer to code it to life. From our side we will also share our content for our pages, all 35 of them, we will not leave that to you, we know what we want to publish as part of our story and how we want it published. The successful candidate will be able to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows and artifacts. They will be able to transform them into beautiful, intuitive, and functional designs. Zoom meetings will be arranged with three prospective candidates (applicants) to dive into more detail about the project. A stable internet connection and good communication are a must.
If you are a registered women or youth-led web development business in Zimbabwe or Africa, you are our perfect fit. Start-ups and small teams with a strong record are encouraged to apply.
- Execute visual design stages in-between concept and final hand-off to engineering
- Build our conceptualized original design ideas into a website
- Bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex roadblocks where applicable
- Optimize our site for the web as part of the primary coding
- Present and defend designs and key deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices, and standards
- Proven work experience as a Web Designer
- Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio
- Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator or other visual design and wire-framing tools
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Up-to-date with the latest Web trends, techniques and technologies
How to apply
Email your portfolios showing at least two projects you have done in similar fashion (hard coding-based). Attach your bid (specify your price tag) and send in by email to [email protected] CC [email protected] no later than 14 January 2021.