- Post Date:March 30, 2022
- Views 450
- Career Level TechnicianQualification DiplomaExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Local Government
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the post of Water Technician:Grade 12 which has arisen in the Engineering Department.
Reports to: Director of Works
The Person Specification
- A degree in B.Sc/ B.Eng (Hon) in Civil/ Civil and Water Engineering or a Higher National Diploma in Civil Engineering from a recognized institution.
- A minimum of three years experience on Water and Sewer Infrastructure
- Full membership of Zimbabwe Institute of Engineers (ZIE) or Engineering Council of Zimbabwe (ECZ) is an added advantage
- Computer skills with Auto-CAD and GIS knowledge
- Knowledge of Local Authority system and previous working experience in a Local Authority environment or Water Utility Entity will also be an added advantage.
- Report writing skills.
- Be in possession of a clean class 4 driver’s license.
Duties and Responsibilities
The incumbent shall be reporting to the Director of works and will be responsible for the following:-
- Manage the Water Reservoirs, Water Distribution Network, Sewer Reticulation and Sewage Disposal facilities.
- Preparation, design and costing of Infrastructure Development of Water and Sewer Reticulation of the Town.
- Preparing Water and Sewerage Section work plans and Program of works as well as the section’s monthly reports.
- Supervise the delivery of Water to Residents and Business Community.
- Test and maintain Water and Sewage Quality Standards and carryout regular Inspections.
REMUNERATION: The council offers competitive remuneration commensurate with relevant qualifications and experience this however, will be disclosed to shortlisted candidates.
Interested candidates should submit an application letter, a detailed CVs with traceable contactable referees and certified copies of academic and professional qualifications and should be addressed to
THE TOWN SECRETAY
CHIREDZI TOWN COUNCIL
P.O. BOX 128
THE TOWN SECRETARY
CHIREDZI TOWN COUNCIL – Head Office
69 INYATI DRIVE
Or email: [email protected]
Application to be submitted not later than the 30th of March 2022