Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) Officer
- Post Date:January 12, 2021
- Views 433
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Duration: 3 months
MeDRA, a relief and development arm of the Methodist Church In Zimbabwe is recruiting a WASH Officer to join its team.
Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH) Officer (WO) will provide WASH technical expertise in support of the MeDRA’s projects. The WS will contribute to building sustainable household WASH behaviours among project beneficiaries and act as the focal point of all WASH issues in liaison with relevant stakeholders. He or she is expected to fully contribute as a MeDRA team member, conducting himself or herself in a proper manner at all times as a representative of the WASH unit. The WASH Officer will be based in Bikita district.
Specific duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Provide strategic and technical expertise on improving WASH activities in all interventions, including the following activities:
Project planning, implementation, monitoring, and reporting
- Provide technical input and analysis in developing program deliverables such as the annual work plan;
- Support MeDRA technical team in the design and rollout of WASH interventions to ensure they align with the broader organization outcomes;
- Contribute towards developing WASH-related trainings, guidelines, and standards while also supporting the provision of trainings (using the Community Health Clubs methodology), technical assistance, and demonstrations to households covering household hygiene, methods of hygienically preserving and storing diverse food products, and water;
- Implementation of the WASH Hardware component, providing technical guidance and oversight resulting in quality construction and materials supply. (Borehole Siting, Drilling, and Repair/Rehabilitation and head-works) and maintenance & management of water points in areas of operation;
- Monitoring construction of community and institutional latrines using the Community-Led Total Sanitation approach;
- Training of community and Health Care staff on Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) in response to COVID-19 pandemic;
- Oversee the recruitment and training of Community Health Clubs in collaboration with MOH;
- Support MeDRA MEL processes by providing technical input on designing, reviewing, monitoring and evaluation of indicators and targets under this objective;
- Contribute to quarterly, annual and any other relevant activity reports;
- Develop tools to document lessons learned related to WASH, evaluate the impact and modify approaches as needed;
- Write background documents, briefs, and presentations, reviews, landscape analysis, and data analysis on WASH.
Coordination and representation
- Organize and implement the WASH aspect of the Activity and ensure compliance with program guidelines;
- Develop and maintain working relationships with local WASH actors, including national and local governments, communities, private sector, other projects, NGOs, other donors, etc;
- Contribute to program/project design, implementation, learning, and monitoring, and evaluation through active collaboration with all team members;
- Work closely with technical staff to integrate relevant WASH messaging across all interventions;
- Act as the program’s WASH representative as it relates to WASH initiatives.
Qualifications and experience
- Degree in Public Health, Environment Health, Human Development, or WASH-related field with 5 years’ relevant experience in WASH, Primary Health Care;
- Should be able to work with minimal supervision;
- Should be able to ride;
- Should be computer literate (Microsoft packages, statistical packages).
Interested suitably qualified candidates to submit their application letter accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae, qualification certificates, and a letter of recommendation from their church minister to [email protected]
Deadline: 15 January 2021