WASH Technical Project Manager
- Post Date:February 4, 2021
- Views 312
- Career Level ManagerQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Industry/Sector: Water, Sanitation and Health (WASH)
Job Type: Fixed term, Full-time
International Role – No – Only National applicants will be considered.
Duration: 1-2 Years
World Vision is a global Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We are a community of close to 40,000 staff working across the world to help change the lives of vulnerable children. Our supporters, partners and staff join forces with communities on the ground to help children enjoy good health, be educated for life, experience the love of God and their neighbours and be cared for, protected and participating in addressing issues that affect their lives. World Vision has been active in Zimbabwe since 1973. Our operations are spread across 9 out of 10 provinces, with a majority of over 1.75 million beneficiaries in rural areas. Our current programs focus on improving the well-being of boys and girls in three priority sectors: health and nutrition, livelihoods and education. We also focus on child protection, gender and disabilities, emergency assistance and resilience building as cross cutting priorities across our programs. World Vision Zimbabwe is committed to the safeguarding of staff, children and communities that we work with, preventing any type of unwanted behavior at work, including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct. We are committed to promote the welfare of children, youth, adults and individuals with whom World Vision engages with. World Vision expects all staff to share this commitment through our conduct and behavior. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work with us. If you share the same vision and values, JOIN US and contribute to life in all its fullness for the children and communities we serve.
Position : WASH Technical Project Manager
Purpose of Position
To manage and provide technical leadership in the implementation of all WASH activities, including managing WASH personnel, improving access to safe and adequate water, improving access to sanitation and promoting hygiene practices. The Technical Project Manager is responsible for the overall success of the ZimWASH project and all WASH grant funded projects manages both external and internal stakeholders ensuring the completion of defined project activities or scope in time, and within budget while meeting quality expectations and adhering to internal policies and procedures as well as contractual obligations. The Technical Project Manager ensures that the program is completed on time, within budget and to a level of quality that meets both Funding Partner and World Vision standards.
- Oversee all aspects of ZimWASH project and all wash grant funded projects implementation including monitoring of work done by partners and service providers
- Liaise with Area Program Managers and Partners ensuring coordination of work as well as progress
- Oversee and ensure high quality and timely project implementation
- Establish and track project progress through detailed weekly activity monitoring and reporting
- Report to WASH Technical Advisor on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually
- Participate in project tender committee meetings and provide input for an informed decision-making process by the committee
- Participate in program development and grant acquisition to mobilize additional resources for WASH programing
- Work with relevant internal and external stakeholders to build capacity and establish effective project implementation structures.
- Inform and consult the WASH Technical Advisor, the SAR WASH Director and WASH Community of Practice for technical support to ensure quality programing.
- Visit project sites, understand needs and respond to queries for information from internal and
Project Finance and Budgeting
- Responsible for the accurate budgeting and monitoring of project expenditure on a monthly basis.
- Track expenditure incurred by the WASH team and Area Program Mangers and ensure project inputs are matched by achievement of targets
- Support AP Managers to budget for WASH activities
- Has signing authority for grants up to a level as determined by WV Finance
Representation and Networking
- Represent World Vision at SAR WASH CoP, UN/NGO/donor meetings, joint agency assessments, and task forces.
- Ensure all project sites have sufficient donor visibility according to Funding Partner requirements
- Represent World Vision in all general aspects of the WASH Business Plan, WASH Technical Program, ZIMWASH project and WASH grant funded projects
- Develop and maintain links with other NGOs, local governmental departments, agencies, churches, etc.
- Develop/maintain relationships with Funding partners and Support Offices and provide regular updates along with the Programs Team
- Timely inform and consult the WASH Technical Advisor of progress and constraints respectively
- Submit reports in a timely manner meeting all reporting requirements.
- Manage the coordination of project baselines, interim and final evaluations
- Manage reports from various stakeholders
- Present regular progress and impact reports at appropriate meetings.
- Provide periodic high-level updates to WASH Technical Advisor as required
- Submit monthly, quarterly and annual reports to WASH Technical Advisor
- Ensure all key documents are filed in a systematic manner
Human Resource/Team Management
- Provide effective leadership to WASH Project Staff and other relevant personnel
- Manage staff recruitment, capacity building and performance review for WASH Staff
- Provide technical support to Area Program Managers and their field staff
Accountability, Monitoring and Evaluation
- Oversee program needs assessments, analysis, evaluation and impact reporting.
- Identify and monitor risks, manage and escalate issues by timely informing the WASH Technical Advisor and other resource persons accordingly
- Maintain program quality through compliance with Funding Partner, World Vision and other international standards.
Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in Environmental, Civil, Hydraulics, Geology, Water & Waste or Public Health Engineering or Public/Environmental Health Engineering, Water Engineering or other relevant Water Supply and Sanitation related qualifications.
- Masters’ Degree in Civil, Environmental, Hydraulics, Water & Waste or Public Health Engineering or Public/Environmental Health or Integrated Water Resources Management or equivalent of other relevant Water Supply and Sanitation related qualifications will be an added advantage.
- 5+ years of project management experience in managing WASH Project implementation and management in emergence and/or development.
- Experience in managing multiple stakeholders both internal and external to World Vision or other Local or International Non-Governmental Organizations
- proven experience in managing community WASH projects and integrated WASH and Health and Nutrition, WASH and Education and WASH and Livelihoods projects
- Leadership and Team Work abilities
- Project management and design experience, as well as project implementation and monitoring & evaluation
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, time management, demonstrated leadership and good management ability
- Strong detail orientation and negotiation skills
- Computer literate in Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience in working with various major donors and government donor agencies
- Cross-cultural sensitivity, flexible worldview emotional maturity
- Knowledge of and adherence to World Vision Code of Conduct and/ or other relevant NGO Codes of Conduct.
- Good understanding of Donor, Support Office, World Vision and Local and International WASH related standards and best practices
- Capacity to function well in a team and contribute effectively to team efforts and to team building
- Ability to exhibit exemplary lifestyle as interpreted in specific local cultural context.
- Proven networking abilities at local and international levels
Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply.
NB. Shortlisting will be done as applications are received. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.