- Post Date:May 13, 2021
- Views 604
- Career Level OtherQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
CARE International in Zimbabwe is recruiting for livelihoods, food aid and resilience project targeting Buhera and Mutare Districts (Manicaland Province) and Chivi and Zaka Districts (Masvingo Province). Takunda, which means “we have overcome” in Shona, is a 5-year USAID Bureau of Humanitarian Assistance program led by CARE in a consortium. Its aim is to increase on-farm and off-farm incomes, improve nutrition, and work with women, men, girls and boys to build resilience to shocks and stressors. The organisation seeks to recruit outstanding candidates who are known for their excellence, professionalism, integrity and who are committed to providing support to vulnerable communities in remote locations of the targeted provinces. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply for the position posted below:
The Specialist will be responsible for leading in design, implementation and quality assurance of the program’s WASH activities
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identifies key WASH program intervention niche areas.
- Develops program WASH strategies in line with CARE, BHA priorities and GoZ policies.
- Implements the Water Quality Assurance Plan recommendations.
- Converts program strategies into activities and tools for implementation.
- Conduct capacity assessment for program staff involved in implementation of WASH activities
- Design and implement a staff capacity development plan
- On an on-going basis, troubleshoots and remedies staff capacity gaps.
- Identifies primary stakeholders and actors in the WASH sector needed for program implementation.
- Documents key WASH interventions in the program locations including lessons learnt
- Actively participates in district water supply and sanitation committee and provincial water supply and sanitation committee meetings (WASH coordination forums)
- Actively tracks program progress, identifies and remedies implementation gaps
- Identifies emerging lessons from program implementation for internal learning and replication
- Reports on a monthly basis against planned targets
- Degree in Public Health, Social Sciences/ Sociology/ Water Engineering
- 4–6-year experience in WASH sector including developing and strengthening user committees
- Experience in designing community-based WASH solutions
- Proven experience in developing private models for sustainable WASH implementation.
- Proficiency in computer skills including experience of MS Word, Excel, MS Office Project,
- Understanding and demonstrated commitment to the importance of gender and youth issues in food security programming.
- Demonstrated commitment to principles of Gender Equity and Diversity, as evidenced in previous positions / programming
CARE is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity and diversity.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children and safeguarding employees and communities from Sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse. CARE does not, and will never solicit money for any part of its recruitment processes including short-listing, interviews, background, and/or medical check-ups. We will not be responsible for such fraudulent correspondence or any loss of money or theft which may result from anyone engaging in any fraudulent recruitment activity
Deadline: 20 May 2021
Related Jobs (41)
Assistant Social Services and Recreation Officer on August 3, 2021
Executive Officer Human Resources and Administration (Grade 10) on August 3, 2021 Full Time
Citizen Engagement and Partnerships (CEP) Specialist on August 3, 2021 Contract