- Post Date:June 15, 2021
- Views 375
- Career Level ManagerQualification Master’s DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
International Medical Corps never asks job applicants for a fee, payment, or other monetary transaction. If you are asked for money in connection with this recruitment, please report to International Medical Corps at the website provided at the end of this document.
International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, non profit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, non political, non sectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at the highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency and development phases, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
To learn more about us visit: https: https://www.internationalmedicalcorps.org/
The primary function of the WASH Manager is the implementation of the WASH activities in the coordination and guidance of the Program Director. Conduct the assessment, planning, design, implementation, supervision, expansion/development, and administration of technical interventions. The role contributes to the development of concept papers and proposals for interventions and provides data required in close cooperation with the team. Besides, the WASH manager ensures the capacity building of the local staff and stakeholders in WASH-related program implementation is delivered. The individual plans and implements WASH projects, fostering internal and external networks with stakeholders and donors. Ensures on the ground the project monitoring, regular reviews, preparation of donor reports, capturing learnings, and can close the project and implement exit plans.
Perform other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed in this document are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and not necessarily all inclusive:
- Conduct thorough the team the rapid needs assessments, and it’s analysis;
- Provides the transition between needs identified into activity plans and budgets;
- Conducts the assessment of in-country resources and capacities (human, material, and financial) for WASH program roll-out as per agreed objectives;
Program Design and implementation:
- Ensure the WASH program is delivered in a phased and prioritized manner with full consultation and coordination with the International Medical Corps staff and other agencies, both governmental and non-governmental;
- Enforce the implementation of the aims and objectives of the WASH response program in line with the Program Director guidance and WASH strategy;
- Develop concept papers, letters of intent, proposals, and budgets in respect of the above;
- Contribute to the selection, design, and implementation of activities for water systems for the given context (communities, health facilities, camps, and Schools), including source selection (groundwater, surface water), abstraction, storage, treatment and distribution for new systems and the rehabilitation of old water systems;
- Contribute to the selection, design, and implementation of sanitation systems in communities, health facilities, camps, and Schools to include excreta disposal, vector control, solid waste disposal, drainage. It is taking full account of local conditions, resources, customs, and cultural norms;
- Contribute and deliver, in collaboration with other actors, a suitable hygiene promotion program that suits the local context (communities, health facilities, camps, and Schools), and would be widely accepted by beneficiaries;
- Ensure all the infection prevention and control (IPC) activities, including supervision, and training and non-clinical teams;
- Work closely with the Human Resources team for hiring and building the capacity of the national WASH team;
- Ensure and advocate/lobby that WASH program design is considering Health, gender, protection, and operation, and maintenance, and sustainability;
- Contribute to ensuring that the response funded through external donors and support the implementation of all aspects of WASH interventions;
- Ensure Sphere standards (both qualitative and quantitative) are considered through the program cycle and are well documented;
- Ensure gender and protection are considered throughout the project cycle, with women being enabled to influence decision- making around WASH challenges;
- Ensure WASH program implementation is linked to Health, Nutrition, gender, child protection, and MHPSS; Implement the appropriate supervisory, monitoring, and evaluation systems for WASH interventions.
Information and Coordination:
- Provide regular updates and technical guidance to the Program Director on progress, priorities, and challenges – verbally and in writing; Represent International Medical Corps as assigned by Program Director in governmental and non-governmental groups as needed and agreed with the supervisor; Represent International Medical Corps in WASH and relevant Cluster activities.
Qualifications, experience and skills
The minimum qualifications required for the job holder include:
- Minimum Master degree, water and sanitation engineering, civil engineering, or relevant technical WASH specialization;
- Bachelor degree in Nutrition or related field of study with 7 years of experience in related field (minimum 3 years in emergency response setting.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse:
Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and amongst beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps
Send your curriculum vitae and cover letter to [email protected] clearly stating on the email subject line the position title.
Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply.
Website for reporting misconduct: www.InternationalMedicalCorps.ethicspoint.com Please do not submit your CV or application to this website, it will not be considered for review.
Deadline: 4 July 2021
Related Jobs (13)
Medical Laboratory Scientist – Bulawayo Laboratory on July 26, 2021 Full Time