- Post Date:May 13, 2021
- Views 567
- Career Level OtherQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
CARE International in Zimbabwe is recruiting for livelihoods, food aid and resilience project targeting Buhera and Mutare Districts (Manicaland Province) and Chivi and Zaka Districts (Masvingo Province). Takunda, which means “we have overcome” in Shona, is a 5-year USAID Bureau of Humanitarian Assistance program led by CARE in a consortium. Its aim is to increase on-farm and off-farm incomes, improve nutrition, and work with women, men, girls and boys to build resilience to shocks and stressors. The organisation seeks to recruit outstanding candidates who are known for their excellence, professionalism, integrity and who are committed to providing support to vulnerable communities in remote locations of the targeted provinces. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply for the position posted below:
To oversee the receipt , storage and dispatch of food and non-food items and to maintain the warehouse and the surrounding areas.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Verifies receipts correspond to the description, specification, weight, quantity and packaging on the Purchase Order and/or waybill/delivery note and that the consignee and destination details are correct
- Inspects the condition of commodities being received (ie whether they are rotten, wet, infested, leaking, expired, damaged or poorly packaged) and advises the commodity counter on action to be taken to quarantine, reconstitute or set aside, as appropriate
- Allocates adequate space and correct storage conditions for commodities to permit easy access for physical counts and loading ensuring food and non food commodities are stored separately
- Oversees stacking is in accordance with best practice and takes timely corrective action when this is not being done or stacks are in danger of collapse
- Completes the receipt section of waybill, clearly indicating the quantity of goods received intact; the quantity damaged and/or the quantity not meeting required descriptions or specifications.
- Ensures the driver signs the receipt waybill and s/he is provided with the correct copy and the consignee copy is retained and properly filed for warehouse records
- Prepares commodities receiving report and the daily commodity receiving report
- Completes reconstitution and loss/adjustment/gain reports within the required timeframe.
- Checks stack card entries are correct and goods descriptions and specifications are consistent with good warehouse practice
- Enters all receipts, dispatches, losses and adjustments in appropriate ledgers promptly, ensuring they are against the correct project name and fund code and goods descriptions and specifications
- Completes Loss Reports for all stock, shares with the Commodity Accountant and submits to the Logistics & Admin Supervisor
- Reconciles warehouse records with physical stock daily, reporting any discrepancy to the Logistics and Admin Supervisor.
- Monitors commodity expiry date and plans dispatch of such commodities.
- Safely keeps and updates the warehouse records and files( such as waybill books, ledger books
- Receives and checks distribution plans, ensuring they are fully approved and correctly and entirely completed prior to dispatching commodities.
- Generates a dispatch plan based on the distribution requirements
- Verifies the correct goods and quantities have been loaded for dispatch in line with good warehouse practices
- Completes food dispatch waybills, as appropriate, ensuring all sections are correctly and fully completed in accordance with the distribution plan.
- Coordinates transporter drivers and monitors they comply food handling standards (such as cleanliness of vehicles, not mixing food & non food items) and queuing arrangements
- Ensures the driver signs the dispatch waybill and s/he is provided with the correct copies and the dispatching copy is retained.
- Monitors the dispatch and receipt log sheets
- Checks the availability of security guards during loading and offloading of commodities
- Safe keeps warehouse keys
- Ensures only authorized personnel enter storage areas
- Prepares loaders’ schedule confirming the services done for payments
- Maintains warehouse equipment and tools such as pallets, tarpaulins, scales, ladders, stitching machines
- Arranges for the fumigation of the warehouse as relevant
- Trains staff, or arranges for the training of staff
- Carries out ongoing evaluation of staff, identifies performance strengths and deficiencies, and arranges for necessary action (for example further on the job training);
- Diploma in stores/Logistics/warehouse management/purchasing and supply or equivalent
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in warehouse/ stores keeping or related field
- Computer literacy in use of Microsoft word, excel and access
CARE is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity and diversity.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children and safeguarding employees and communities from Sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse. CARE does not, and will never solicit money for any part of its recruitment processes including short-listing, interviews, background, and/or medical check-ups. We will not be responsible for such fraudulent correspondence or any loss of money or theft which may result from anyone engaging in any fraudulent recruitment activity
Deadline: 20 May 2021