- Post Date:January 12, 2021
- Views 579
- Career Level OtherQualification DiplomaExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Reporting to: Programme Manager
Location: Guruve (re-advertisement), Matobo, Lupane
Musasa is a national NGO that started work in 1988 focusing on Violence against women (VAW). Musasa mainly focuses on direct support to survivors of Gender based violence, public education and awareness raising on Violence Against Women. Musasa is implementing the Pathways Project ensuring that gender is integrated across all project sectors and support community responses to Gender Based Violence (GBV) targeting nine (9) districts in Zimbabwe: Bulawayo, Guruve, Gweru, Harare, Insiza, Lupane, Matobo, Mazowe and Nkayi.
Musasa is therefore inviting candidates for the position of Volunteer to be based in Lupane (one), Matobo (one) and Guruve (one).
- Day to day counselling to survivors of Gender Based Violence;
- Case follow up and management; Group and individual counselling in communities;
- Coordinating with partners in the GBV referral pathway;
- Information dissemination to surrounding communities about the available services;
- Participating in outreach and demand creation activities that raise awareness on available GBV response services;
- Attending district meetings;
- Coordinating with other Pathways and DREAMS implementing partners in the district.
- Diploma in Counselling, Social work or a qualification in Psychology.
- An additional qualification in Development Studies would be an added advantage;
- At least 1-year experience in a similar role;
- Ability to use Microsoft Office;
- Ability to quickly understand and absorb new topics, issues and disciplines;
- Ability to work well with partners in a consortium.
Musasa is committed to safeguarding the personal dignity and rights of beneficiaries. Any candidate offered a job with Musasa will be expected to adhere to Musasa’s Safeguarding Policy and conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of this policy.
Send your application letter and CV with three (3) traceable references to [email protected] or drop hard copies at:
Musasa Head Office
Number 64 Selous Avenue,
Corner 7th Street and Selous Avenue,
Harare (for Guruve)
49 Fife Street,
Between 3rd and 4th Avenue,
Bulawayo (for Matobo and Lupane).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applicants should be based in the district where the position is held.
Deadline: 20 January 2021