- Post Date:May 11, 2021
- Views 283
- Career Level OtherQualification Master’s DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Unit: CSW – Head Office (Harare, Zimbabwe)
Reporting to: The CSW Chairperson
The Council of Social Workers (CSW),established in terms of the Social Workers Act(Chap 27:21), the Social Work Regulatory body in Zimbabwe has an opening for a dynamic and committed professional who wants to make a contribution to Social Work regulation in Zimbabwe. We are looking for a highly motivated individual who is result driven, a team worker with good communication, analytical and organisational skills.
CSW is looking for a highly motivated individual who has an understanding of Social Work regulation and has in depth knowledge of the Social Workers Act of 2001. The individual must be self-motivated and able to work independently. The successful individual must be able to work effectively as part of the CSW team, as well as with other Social Work stakeholders (National Association of Social Workers (NASW), Department of Social Welfare (DSW), Social Work Training Institutions, International Federation of Social Workers (IFSW) and partners in the NGO sector. He/she must have excellent time and resources management, with the ability to manage multiple tasks and meet agreed deadlines, including supervision of CSW staff. The successful candidate will enjoy working in a multi-sectoral environment as part of a rapidly growing and social care regulatory organisation, and be personally committed to Council’s mission and values.
The Registrar is the Secretary and Chief Executive officer of CSW Board, in which function he/she shall, liaise with the Chairperson of CSW, convene meetings of the CSW and any committee thereof and maintain the record of any such meetings. The Registrar shall work closely with the CSW Board and its various committees to comply with the regulations for registration of Social Workers as stipulated in the Act; Chapter27:21. His/her main duties will sometimes require work on weekends, for which time off in lieu can be taken.
These will include:
- Oversight of implementation of Program Development, Post Qualifying Training offerings within CSW Registration and Maintaining the Register, Licensing of Social Workers for Practice;
- Governance and Operationalisation of International Social Work Best Practices;
- Coordination of the Committees of the Council;
- Development of Capacity Building programs, Conduct Training Workshops, Publicity Workshops and Seminars with Social Workers;
- Coordination and Publicity of the Council of Social Workers;
- Organisational Leadership and; Development of CSW; Publicity of the Social Workers’ Act Chapter 27:21;
- Generating a Database for Social Workers;
- Provide for the regulation of the practice of social work;
- Developing a sound social work practice & its framework;
- Revision of Tariffs and Fees for registration;
- Research on Curriculum issues and practice of social work in Zimbabwe;
- Provide an orientation for Social Workers to focus on Social Policy and planning issues;
- Setting up a structure and an office for the Council;
- Conduct Fundraising for the Council;
- Other duties as required.
Skills and qualifications
- A Master’s Degree in Social Work is a must;
- An additional qualification in Management or Business Administration preferably MBA, Public Administration will be an added advantage;
- At least 5 years of experience working a in a professional and regulated environment, and registered with CSW or a similarly recognised regulatory authority;
- A clear understanding of contemporary Social Protection issues particularly those relating to OVC, juvenile justice and other disadvantaged groups;
- A good grasp of social work ethical issues;
- Fluency in English, Shona and Ndebele as a prerequisite with excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Excellent IT skills particularly in MS Word, Excel & Access (Epi-info or SSPS desirable);
- Experience developing training plans and conducting training;
- Ability to travel regularly to social work provinces (a class four driver’s license a must);
- Good at resource mobilisation and financial management;
- Candidate should be above 25 years and above.
If you meet the above profile and want to contribute to Social Work regulatory processes in Zimbabwe send your application quoting Vacancy Notice PO: 2021 to:
The Recruitment Committee Chairperson
Council of Social Workers Zimbabwe
c/o Midlands State University School of Social Work
Corner Grant and Chinhoyi Street
P.0. Box 66570
Or email your application to: [email protected]
Qualified individuals, particularly women, are encouraged to apply.
Only successful candidates will be shortlisted.
CSW is an equal opportunity employer, respects diversity and gender equality.
Deadline: 14 May 2021