Volunteer Provincial Coordinator (Midlands)
- Post Date:August 24, 2021
- Views 389
- Career Level OtherQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Health Care
ZNNP+ is an umbrella body that represents the interests of people living with HIV in Zimbabwe in their diversity. The organization is represented in support groups and community-based organizations at all provincial, district and ward levels of Zimbabwe. ZNNP+’s mission is “An environment where people live positively.”
Under the overall guidance of the Executive Director and the direct supervision of the Head of Programmes, the Provincial Coordinator (PC) will represent the interests of his / her geographical area of responsibility. In doing so, the PC will work in an integrated manner with health service providers at the province and district levels with a particular focus on, outreach to, and coordination with, local communities. S/he will be expected to play an active and constructive role in providing consistent information, analysis and strategic recommendations to ZNNP+ programme management, including best practices. The PC will be capable of rapid, coordinated action to capture opportunities for positive change and confidence-building with all programme counterparts.
- Advise the programme management on programmatic strategy including where to focus programme resources, and how to develop operational relationships with stakeholders;
- Responsible for the identification and implementation of grants that appropriately correspond to the overall strategic goals;
- Provide technical assistance to grantees as required, or arrange such technical assistance from relevant authorities.
- The PC is responsible for evaluating grants throughout implementation and once the grant activities are complete;
- Work closely with MoHCC, the facility/District/Provincial Coordinators and other district health coordinators in scaling up successful interventions;
- Collaborate with other Civil Society partners and stakeholders to facilitate continuity of care and improve on service delivery;
- Undertake regular travel to the districts in order to identify, develop and/or support programming opportunities;
- Develop, implement and share with other programme staff monitoring and evaluation processes;
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the Head of Programmes.
Qualifications and experience
- University degree in Social Sciences; Development Studies; Law; Public Administration; or an equivalent.
- Minimum five (5) years of professional experience in the field of community development with increasing levels of responsibility in management.
- Experience in community participation and health / HIV projects.
- Understanding of livelihoods programmes will be a distinct advantage.
- Demonstrated analytical ability and understanding of local context, with the ability to think creatively to develop appropriate activities.
- Personal commitment, drive for results, efficiency, flexibility, respect for diversity, analytical capability required to respond to evolving programme demands and current events.
- Be culturally sensitive and empathetic to others, with a ‘can do’ attitude.
If you meet the above criteria and you have the drive, send your application including a motivational letter (300 words maximum) and three contactable referees to:
The Executive Director,
No 28 Divine Road,
Or via email [email protected]
PLHIV and women who meet the set criteria are strongly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 31 August 2021 (selection will be done on a rolling basis)
Related Jobs (42)
Join Chiedza Child Care Centre on September 23, 2021
Gender, Protection and Disability Inclusion Officer on September 23, 2021 Contract
Monitoring and Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Officer on September 23, 2021 Contract