Volunteer – Procurement & Administration
- Post Date:March 9, 2021
- Views 486
- Qualification DiplomaExperience 1-3 Years
Working location: Waterfalls, Harare
Duration: 12 months
Established in 1949, SOS Children’s Villages International (CVI) is a dynamic, international social development organization working globally to meet the needs and protect the interests and rights of children without parental care and those who are at the risk of losing it.
SOS Children’s Villages Association of Zimbabwe is a member of SOS International – a worldwide children’s social welfare organisation, providing vulnerable children without homes with a family home and educational opportunities as well as strengthening families to reduce poverty.
Mission of the position
The mission of this position is to assist the SOS CV Zimbabwe procurement team to ensure procurement and administration services are delivered in accordance with set timescales and the procuring function policies.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
The Volunteer will assist the procurement team:
- In ensuring all supply requests from the Program locations and functions are facilitated efficiently and effectively;
- Ensure that goods and supplies are procured and delivered in line with the specifications stated in the purchase order;
- Assist procurement team in ensuring all procured items are delivered to the warehouses and proper warehouse documents are issued;
- Facilitate supplier’s payment processes and documentations for audit trails;
- Assist procurement team in ensuring all procurement and supply requirements are procured and delivered in accordance with timescales set and agreed with the requesting departments/projects.
- Ensure appropriate documentation, tracking and filing of all procurement activities by following standard procedures and guidelines of SOS CVZ to ensure traceability of all documents and expenses;
- Establish and maintain excellent communication links between National Office and all Program locations to ensure appropriate and regular information flow on all requests received as well as to ensure that the requester get the right items, at the right time and at the right place;
- Assist in supplier selection according to the agreed criteria by supporting the procurement team;
- Assist in developing and updating Project Procurement plan/ Tracker and maintain as live document for consultation with program locations;
Qualifications and competencies
- Bachelor’s degree/ Professional Diploma in Purchasing & Supply; Management, Business Administration, Logistics and Supply Chain or related field is preferred;
- At least 1 year of experience working in supplies, procurement, logistics co-ordination and Administrative support functions;
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel); Good interpersonal skills;
- Good verbal and written communication skills Purchasing, negotiation and planning skills (e.g. inquiry / negotiation / e-commerce, PO issuing, commercial agreements / contracts, work planning etc.);
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently;
- Proven experience working in a team.
Applications supported by a detailed curriculum vitae (CV), and copies of academic certificates, clearly indicating the position being applied to in the email subject line, should be submitted electronically. Applications that are late do not have a CV or certificates attached will be disqualified. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. E-mail: Applications including at least three traceable referees should be sent to: [email protected]
“Every child belongs to a family and grows with love, respect and security.”
Deadline: 15 March 2021