Volunteer M&E Officer
- Post Date:February 16, 2021
- Views 438
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
Shanduko Yeupenyu Child Care has programs in Epworth District in Harare and Mashonaland East province directly working with partners. Programs in girls’ education, Gender Based Violence, psychosocial support, child protection, Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights youth enterprise development are run through Epworth office in Epworth Harare. Shanduko has reoriented its programming to align with the Program Approach, focusing on the needs and priorities of three impact populations (IPs) identified as highly marginalized in the Zimbabwean context. These are: (1) female headed rural and urban households; (2) urban and rural women and girls; and (3) rural and urban adolescent girls. Shanduko’s flagship project in Zimbabwe for IP3 is Girls Education Support Program, young women training vocation training skills and provision of psychosocial support training and services, which was implemented in partnership with a number of partners since 2015. Shanduko Yeupenyu Child Care exists to provide sustainable support and women to girls in line with the UN Sustainable Development Goals 4 and 5. The organisation seeks to recruit outstanding candidates who are known for their excellence, professionalism, integrity and who are committed to providing support to vulnerable communities in remote locations of the targeted area. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply for the positions posted below, which will be filled in March 2021.
The incumbent will be responsible for ensuring adequate monitoring of the project in line with donor requirements while adding value and improving programming through timely provision of quality monitoring and evaluation information.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Receives project M&E framework and develops and regularly updates M&E activity plan and submits to the Director for approval;
- Ensure effective monitoring and evaluation of project quality, using donor monitoring tools appropriate;
- Oversee implementation of district M&E systems (including the database) through regular field monitoring visits and tracking of Key Performance Indicators at the as approved by the donor;
- Coordinate quarterly program review meetings to facilitate dialogue and learning on project/program implementation with the donor and other partners;
- Conduct internal data quality assurance at district level and prepare reports in accordance with donor standards;
- Identify capacity needs in the areas of M&E and share these with the Director and strengthen organisation staff capacity to deliver quality services;
- Ensure accurate quality narrative and statistical reports are submitted in a timely manner and according to donor requirements;
- Track the performance of the project activities and outputs against expected results and adjust implementation processes to ensure the project is progressing towards the intended outcomes Receives project database and supports data inputs and administration;
- Supports in the baseline, midline and endline evaluation;
- Ensure proper documentation of data collected through project field staff, such as routine monitoring tools;
- Consolidate PDM, market and other surveys at district level for further analysis;
- Ensures that Safeguarding information is disseminated to the relevant stakeholders.
- Degree in Development Studies/Social Sciences/Statistics/Mathematics or equivalent;
- 2-3years working experience in Monitoring and Evaluation or related field;
- Experience in humanitarian and/or social protection programs;
- Superior training and facilitation skills;
- Pays attention to detail;
- Proficiency in computer skills including experience of MS Word, Excel, MS Office Project, and any statistical analysis package;
- Understanding and demonstrated commitment to the importance of gender and youth issues in food security programming;
- Demonstrated commitment to principles of Gender Equity and Diversity, as evidenced in previous positions / programming.
Please note only shortlisted applicants will be responded to and those who already applied, you can re-apply.
Deadline: 26 February 2021