Volunteer – Gender and Advocacy Intern
- Post Date:May 11, 2021
- Views 493
- Career Level StudentQualification DegreeExperience Fresh
- Industry Non Governmental
Working location: Bulawayo
Duration: June 2021 – May 2022
Established in 1949, SOS Children’s Villages International (CVI) is a dynamic, international social development organization working globally to meet the needs and protect the interests and rights of children without parental care and those who are at the risk of losing it.
SOS Children’s Villages Association of Zimbabwe is a member of SOS International – a worldwide children’s social welfare organisation, providing vulnerable children without homes with a family home and educational opportunities as well as strengthening families to reduce poverty. The Organisation works as a development partner with communities and the local authorities and seeks to address gender issues in these situations.
Mission of the position
Support Gender and Advocacy activities by assisting in mainstreaming of gender and developing gender responsive programmes within the location.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
The Intern will assist the Gender and Advocacy team to:
- Design and implement Gender and Advocacy needs assessment throughout the organization and among key implementing partners;
- Strengthen the capacity of SOS and its implementing partners to implement programme and organizational interventions in a gender sensitive manner;
- Design tools and facilitate trainings to enable SOS to conduct their own routine monitoring and evaluation of programs with strong gender sensitivity;
- Ensure Advocacy and Gender mainstreaming in all SOS programs;
- Prepare and submit project reports as required by the funding partner
Qualifications and competencies
- Enrolled or studying towards a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences i.e. Developmental Studies, Sociology, Social Work, Community Development, Gender Studies or similar;
- A self-starter and able to work with minimum supervision;
- Knowledge of Gender education, awareness, policy influencing and community mobilization;
- Possess facilitation and negotiation skills;
- Strong report writing skills;
- Strong analytical skills and a good team player;
- Clear understanding of Gender programming;
- A sound understanding of Gender Advocacy initiatives in Zimbabwe.
How to Apply
Applications supported by a detailed curriculum vitae (CV), and copies of academic certificates, clearly indicating the position being applied to in the email subject line, should be submitted electronically. Applications that are late, do not have a CV or certificates attached will be disqualified. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. E-mail: Applications including at least three traceable referees should be sent to: [email protected]
“Every child belongs to a family and grows with love, respect and security”
Deadline: 17 May 2021
Related Jobs (49)
Governance and Internal Control Review Consultancy on September 17, 2021 Consultancy