Volunteer Fundraising Officer
- Post Date:April 22, 2021
- Views 361
- Career Level OfficerQualification Master’s DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Luunga Visionary Trust (LUVIT) is a community based organisation registered as a Trust in Zimbabwe. LUVIT operates in Binga district. LUVIT envisions communities in which people are empowered, resilient and have access to basic needs for quality life. The organisation is committed to improve the sustainable development capacity of disadvantaged communities through participation, inclusiveness, team work and hoisting commitment of all the stakeholders. The strategic pillars for LUVIT are Social services (Water and Sanitation, health, education and social amenities), Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR), Entrepreneurship, Sustainable Livelihoods and Governance.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced individuals to fill the above position, which has arisen within the organisation, working in Binga communities. This is a one year contract with a prospect of renewal based on resource availability and individual performance.
The purpose of the position is to fundraise for the organisation, taking a lead in the design of full proposals and concept notes and promote visibility and credibility of the organisation through ensuring adherence to organisational strategic goals.
- Compile and maintain a database of local and international donors;
- Compile thorough research for the organisation;
- Consistently monitor donors’ websites and new calls for proposals;
- Inform the other team members about suitable calls for proposals in relation to ongoing activities of the organisation and its set goals;
- Maintain a database of successfully funded projects in the region and derive a list of potential partners that could be contacted for future collaborations (if opportunity arises);
- Build new working relationships with donors and other NGOs by attending relevant conferences and workshops;
- Write concept notes and full project proposals;
- Present innovative ideas to the rest of the team and answer to their questions;
- Participate in meetings and plenary sessions to discuss matters of interest for the organisation as a whole.
Qualifications and Experience
An applicant to possess:
- A minimum of a Master’s degree in Social sciences related programme, preferably developmental studies, Monitoring and Evaluation, Disaster management, Social work, Agriculture, Food security and livelihood management, etc;
- Appreciation of budget formulation;
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar position within an NGO environment;
- Appreciation of participatory community development approaches and donor procedures.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Requirement
The ideal candidate must:
- Be a good communicator and innovative.
- Demonstrate ability to create opportunities for the organisation to increase its overall performance and impact in the community, build and maintain good relationships with donors.
- Must be in a position to begin productive collaborations with other members of the civil society, possess excellent social and interpersonal skills, be positive, optimistic and enthusiastic and eager to learn more new fundraising strategies in collaboration with other team members.
- The incumbent must have proven experience in writing winning project proposals.
Related benefits will be shared only with shortlisted applicants.
Applications with a detailed CV and cover letter addressed to:
The Board Chairperson,
Luunga Visionary Trust,
Stand No. 9055/27,
Or emailed to [email protected]
Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
Deadline: 30 April 2021 (5pm)
Related Jobs (28)
Assistant Social Services and Recreation Officer on August 3, 2021
Executive Officer Human Resources and Administration (Grade 10) on August 3, 2021 Full Time
Citizen Engagement and Partnerships (CEP) Specialist on August 3, 2021 Contract