Volunteer – Finance Intern
- Post Date:May 13, 2021
- Views 393
- Career Level StudentQualification DegreeExperience Fresh
- Industry Non Governmental
Working location: Bindura, Shamva
Duration: June 2021 – May 2022
Established in 1949, SOS Children’s Villages International (CVI) is a dynamic, international social development organization working globally to meet the needs and protect the interests and rights of children without parental care and those who are at the risk of losing it.
SOS Children’s Villages Association of Zimbabwe is a member of SOS International – a worldwide children’s social welfare organisation, providing vulnerable children without homes with a family home and educational opportunities as well as strengthening families to reduce poverty.
Mission of the position
The mission of this position is to assist the SOS CV Zimbabwe Finance team capture all finance transactions and assist in maintaining accurate and complete records of all financial transactions.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
The Volunteer will assist the Finance department in:
- Providing summary reports of the business transactions to facilitate preparation of Financial Statements;
- Maintaining complete files of financial documents;
- Ensuring accurate and complete records of financial transactions;
- Providing support during audits by internal and external auditors;
- Facilitating submission of procurement documents to procurement office and distributes proof of payment;
- Processing payments and banking timeously;
- Updating the inventory and assets registers;
- Ensuring compliance with systems of internal control in all facilities in the location.
Qualifications and competencies
- Enrolled and studying towards a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business Studies or a similar;
- Intermediate appreciation of Microsoft Excel is a MUST;
- Knowledge of computerized accounting packages will be an added advantage
How to Apply
Applications supported by a detailed curriculum vitae (CV), and copies of academic certificates, clearly indicating the position being applied to in the email subject line, should be submitted electronically. Applications that are late, do not have a CV or certificates attached will be disqualified.
E-mail: Applications including at least three traceable referees should be sent to:
“Every child belongs to a family and grows with love, respect and security”
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 17 May 2021