- Post Date:May 11, 2021
- Views 449
- Career Level OtherQualification DiplomaExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Reporting to: Programme Manager
Musasa is a national NGO that started work in 1988 focusing on Violence against women (VAW). Musasa mainly focuses on direct support to survivors of Gender based violence, public education and awareness raising on Violence Against Women. Musasa is implementing the Pathways Project ensuring that gender is integrated across all project sectors and support community responses to Gender Based Violence (GBV) targeting nine (9) districts in Zimbabwe: Bulawayo, Guruve, Gweru, Harare, Insiza, Lupane, Matobo, Mazowe and Nkayi.
Musasa is therefore inviting candidates for the position of Volunteer to be based in Insiza.
- Day to day counselling to survivors of Gender Based Violence;
- Case follow up and management;
- Group and individual counselling in communities;
- Coordinating with partners in the GBV referral pathway;
- Information dissemination to surrounding communities about the available services;
- Participating in outreach and demand creation activities that raise awareness on available GBV response services;
- Attending district meetings;
- Coordinating with other Pathways and DREAMS implementing partners in the district.
- Diploma in Counselling, Social work or a qualification in Psychology. An additional qualification in Development Studies would be an added advantage;
- At least 1-year experience in a similar role;
- Ability to use Microsoft Office;
- Ability to quickly understand and absorb new topics, issues and disciplines;
- Ability to work well with partners in a consortium.
Send your application letter and CV with three (3) traceable references to [email protected] or drop hard copies at:
49 Fife Street,
Between 3rd and 4th Avenue,
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB – Applicants should be based in the district where the position is held
Musasa is committed to safeguarding the personal dignity and rights of beneficiaries. Any candidate offered a job with Musasa will be expected to adhere to Musasa’s Safeguarding Policy and conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of this policy.
Deadline: 20 May 2021
Related Jobs (15)
Monitoring and Evaluation Officer on January 25, 2022
Safety, Health & Environment Compliance (SHEC) Assistant x 3 on January 25, 2022 Full Time
Researcher – Gender Equality and Women Political Leadership on January 18, 2022 Consultancy Contract