- Post Date:March 4, 2021
- Views 555
- Qualification DiplomaExperience 1-3 Years
Reporting to: Programme Manager
Musasa is a national NGO that started work in 1988 focusing on Violence against women (VAW). Musasa mainly focuses on direct support to survivors of Gender based violence, public education and awareness raising on Violence Against Women. Musasa is implementing the Pathways Project ensuring that gender is integrated across all project sectors and support community responses to Gender Based Violence (GBV) targeting nine (9) districts in Zimbabwe: Bulawayo, Guruve, Gweru, Harare, Insiza, Lupane, Matobo, Mazowe and Nkayi.
Musasa is therefore inviting candidates for the position of Volunteer to be based in Bulawayo.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing effective and professional counseling to clients to enable them to make informed decisions and solve their problems;
- Training community based counselors to execute their duties efficiently;
- Giving support to clients in court in extreme cases of violence;
- Formulating survivor clubs to ensure economic empowerment of women;
- Following up clients for extended support;
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Programme Manager.
- Diploma in Counselling, Social work or a qualification in Psychology. An additional qualification in Development Studies would be an added advantage;
- At least 1-year experience in a similar role;
- Ability to use Microsoft Office;
- Ability to quickly understand and absorb new topics, issues and disciplines;
- Ability to work well with partners in a consortium.
Send your application letter and CV with three (3) traceable references to [email protected] or drop hard copies at
Musasa Head Office
Number 64 Selous Avenue,
Corner 7th Street and Selous Avenue,
49 Fife Street,
Between 3rd and 4th Avenue,
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB – This is a temporary position which will be available for two (2) months only
Musasa is committed to safeguarding the personal dignity and rights of beneficiaries. Any candidate offered a job with Musasa will be expected to adhere to Musasa’s Safeguarding Policy and conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of this policy.
Deadline: 5 March 2021