VMMC Program Officer
- Post Date:August 14, 2021
- Views 398
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Health Care
Zim-TTECH is seeking highly qualified and experienced applicants to be considered for the position of Program Officer under the Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC) Program. The position will be based in Harare. Zim-TTECH’s activities occur primarily in the technical areas of health system strengthening; health workforce development; operations research and evaluation; prevention, care, and treatment of infectious diseases. Zim-TTECH is funded by PEPFAR through the Center for Disease Control to implement HIV & TB treatment and care services in five Zimbabwean provinces in support of the Ministry of Health and Child Care (MoHCC) under the Zim-PAAC (Zimbabwe Partnership to Accelerate AIDS Control) program. Zim-TTECH also supports Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC) services in Zimbabwe. The contract of employment is renewable yearly subject to availability of funding and satisfactory performance of the candidate.
The position coordinates the implementation of the VMMC programs.
- Coordinate program Quality Improvement and Training activities by developing quarterly and annual work plans, identifying deliverables and results indicators.
- Ensure program quality by implementing and evaluating support supervision visits (SSVs) and tandem review activities.
- Ensure clinical environment and male circumcision procedures adhere to high quality standards and SOPs by developing, implementing, and supporting appropriate mechanisms to ensure quality.
- Conduct frequent in-field quality assessment visits including internal quality assessments, tandem reviews and VMMC training for ZAZIC supported districts.
- Ensure timely collection, filling, and review of SSV reports, Adverse Events (AE), training reports and Quality Assessment/Improvement reports for completeness.
- Assist in the implementation, training, monitoring and evaluation and reporting of Two-Way texting by working closely with Two Way Texting nurse.
- Represent ZAZIC consortium in critical VMMC meetings convened by MoHCC, CDC and other significant stakeholders.
- Assist in writing reports, research proposals and in submission of research proposals to local IRB.
Qualifications, skills and experience
- Possession of a nursing qualification and relevant post-graduate qualification.
- At least 5 years supervisory or leadership experience in HIV prevention programs particularly VMMC.
- Experience in the scale-up of VMMC programs including skills and knowledge of WHO-approved VMMC procedures.
- Demonstrated skills in program coordination, implementation, and evaluation, and in data analysis.
- Experience working with the Government of Zimbabwe, USG funded programs, and funding organizations.
Commitment to diversity
Zim-TTECH recognizes that disparities in health around the globe stem from inequity. Therefore, the organization encourages and supports the multiple identities of staff including, but not limited to, socio-economic status, age, race, ethnicity, language, nationality, sex, gender identity and expression, culture, spiritual practice, geography, mental and physical disability. Zim-TTECH strives to become a local, national, and international leader in developing and maintaining increased representation and recognition of each of these dimensions of diversity among its staff.
Interested candidates should submit their application letter, detailed Curriculum Vitae, and certified copies of certificates to [email protected] or to:
The Senior Human Resources Officer,
10 Natal Rd,
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 20 August 2021
Related Jobs (33)
District Strategic Information Evaluation Assistant on October 25, 2021 Contract