VMMC Demand Creation Field Assistant (DCFA) x 1
- Post Date:May 3, 2021
- Views 415
- Career Level AssistantQualification CertificateExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Health Care
Location: Lupane District, Matabeleland North Province
The Demand Creation Field Assistant, having successfully undergone induction/training by the employer, will perform the planning, mapping and awareness and educational sessions in the communities to determine the number of eligible clients within a given catchment area.
- Lead in conducting mapping of communities to determine the number of eligible clients within a given catchment area;
- Guide community mobilizers in conduct assessments of potential venues and work places for educational sessions and poster pinning.
- Coordinate the development/planning of a schedule of community mobilization events;
- Facilitate daily morning briefings to coordinate VMMC operations at the assignment site;
- Attend weekly briefing sessions with DMO/GMO and VMMC team and provide feedback on VMMC outreach status.
Awareness and Educational Sessions
- Identify opportunities for conducting formal and informal small group (2-15 people) VMMC education sessions at appropriate venues, such as communities, bus ranks, schools, work places and churches;
- Educate and promote VMMC to individuals and communities, workplaces, schools (over 15 years old), sports clubs and any other relevant groups;
- Complete, comprehensively, a daily activity sheet as well as the weekly report and submit to the Demand Creation Officer detailing all work activities undertaken;
- Be available to be contacted from 0900 – 1600 through a cell phone on working days (Monday – Friday);
- Scout for opportunities in the community such as organized events where they can access men, women, boys for IEC sessions, distribute VMMC IEC materials during outreach sessions and promotional events;
- Lead the strategic pinning of posters in strategic areas such shops, youth centers, playing grounds, parks to promote VMMC services;
- Conduct one-on-one sessions with prospective VMMC clients in designated communities and residential areas;
- Manage information desks during educational sessions and promotions in designated communities and residential areas and during VMMC promotional events;
- Organize transport with the hospital for organized groups of clients to & from the circumcision site or outreach post.
VMMC Client Motivation
- Ensure community mobilizers register the VMMC client’s names, location and contact numbers in the provided registration form/book; Promote the community awareness of where VMMC services are available within the district;
- Help in conducting follow-up calls or home visits to registered clients who have not undergone SMC;
- Prepare weekly summaries of client successfully motivated to get circumcised, the number of group educational sessions and outreach activities conducted to include type of sector visited, number of individuals reached, number of clients referred, schedule of sessions; VMMC sessions conducted; number of participants per session, as per given record form;
- Submit weekly reports to the Demand Creation Focal Person every week; in carrying out the above duties, the Demand Creation Field Assistant shall follow the guidelines, schedule and protocol provided by his/her supervisor.
- Minimum 5 O level passes, including English;
- Minimum of Clean Class 4 driver’s license and valid Defensive Driver’s License;
- At least 5 years’ driving experience;
- Must respect and adhere to all safety and traffic rules;
- Understanding of written and spoken English is required;
- Basic Motor Vehicle Mechanic course is an added advantage;
- First Aid Course and with proven experience in First Aid management is an advantage;
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office software (Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Proven community mobilisation experience for health programs an added.
Interested candidates should send certified copies of academic and professional certificates, CV and a motivational letter in an envelope clearly marked with the position applied for to:
The Executive Director;
160 Baines Avenue;
Deadline: 14 May 2021
Related Jobs (22)
Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Specialist on July 22, 2021 Full Time
Investigative Journalism Opportunities for Reporters and Mentors on July 22, 2021 Contract