- Post Date:October 29, 2021
- Views 278
- Career Level NurseQualification DiplomaExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Health Care
Job reference: SOS/26/10
Location: Bulawayo and Waterfalls
Reporting to: Family Care Coordinator
Established in 1949, SOS Children’s Villages International (CVI) is a dynamic, international social development organization working globally to meet the needs and protect the interests and rights of children without parental care and those who are at the risk of losing it.
Within the Eastern and Southern Africa region, SOS CV International is headquartered in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia and has member associations in Nigeria, Ghana, Ethiopia, Sudan, South Sudan, Somalia / Somaliland, Djibouti, Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi, Zambia, Malawi, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, South Africa, Lesotho, Swaziland, Botswana, Namibia, Mauritius, Angola and Madagascar.
SOS Children’s Villages Association of Zimbabwe is a member of SOS International – a worldwide children’s social welfare organization, providing vulnerable children without homes with a family home and educational opportunities as well as strengthening families to reduce poverty.
Village Nurse role provides clinical interventions and advise on all medical concerns of children and young people and core workers under SOS CV Zimbabwe. The role is responsible for managing patient care by promoting and restoring patient care through the nursing process.
Key duties and responsibilities
- To check and advise on the health of children, young people and core workers;
- To support the location in all matters concerning health, nutrition and cleanliness of the children and young people;
- To make sure that all the children and young people get the correct and proper medical care;
- To maintain up to date records on the immunization of the children and medical records with confidentiality;
- To compile and submit monthly health reports and annual report to Family Care Coordinator;
- To maintain good relations with doctors, clinics and hospital that offer services to children and young people under care of SOS;
- To capacitate SOS CV Zimbabwe’s staff, young people and Children on contemporary health issues including Covid 19 preventive measures;
- Conducts individualized patient assessment based on patient’s immediate needs or concern;
- Documents patient’s assessment findings, physical / psychosocial responses to nursing intervention and progress towards problem resolution;
- Maintains confidentiality in matters related to the patient.
Qualifications and experience
- At least 5 Ordinary Levels including Mathematics, English;
- Nursing Practicing certificate and also registered with the Nurses council of Zimbabwe;
- Degree in Nursing will be an added advantage;
- Good communication skills and fluency in local language is an added advantage;
- Excellent report writing and verbal communication skills;
- Honest and hardworking;
- Flexible to accommodate work shifts;
- Ability to work with little or no supervision;
- Have basic computer skills (windows word, excel and internet access);
- Strong Counselling skills;
- Conversant with children’s rights and gender equity;
- Self-motivated individual.
Send your detailed curriculum vitae (CV), and photocopies of academic certificates. Applications should be submitted electronically indicating the position you are applying for in the subject line. Applications that are late do not have a CV or certificates attached will be disqualified. E-mail applications should bear the job reference number of the position in the subject line of the email.
Applications including at least three traceable referees should be sent to [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
“Every child belongs to a family and grows with love, respect and security”
Deadline: 9 November 2021
Related Jobs (8)
Director, DEI&B (Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging) on November 20, 2021 Full Time