- Post Date:June 7, 2022
- Views 399
- Career Level TechnicianQualification DiplomaExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Health Care
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the post of Veterinary Technician in the INNOVATION, ENTREPRENEURSHIP AND INDUSTRIALISATION DIRECTORATE.
- Applicants must possess a relevant Diploma in Animal Health and Production with a merit or better. Applicants must have strong animal diseases and health knowledge
- At least two years post qualification experience dealing with animal health and production.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The candidate should be able identify, isolate and treat sick animals.
- Be able to implement animal, feed and pasture production projects.
- Perform routine animal husbandry practices such as dipping, dehorning, and castration.
- Supervise general hands and stockman.
- Compile relevant reports and maintaining records.
- Assist with the procurement of livestock, equipment and consumables.
- Assist students and lecturers with relevant projects.
- Backstop livestock out growers.
Interested and qualified persons should send one set of their application in a single pdf file clearly indicating the position being applied for in the subject line to [email protected]. The application should consist of the application letter, Curriculum Vitae giving full personal details including full names, place and date of birth, qualifications, experience, present salary, date of availability, names, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of at least three referees, certified copies of educational and professional certificates, birth certificate and National Identity Card.
The closing date for the receipt of applications is Friday 10 June 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Related Jobs (14)
Safety Health, Environment and Quality Superintendent on August 10, 2022 Full Time