Ventilation Environmental Control Officer
- Post Date:May 10, 2022
- Views 402
- Career Level OfficerQualification DiplomaExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Mining
Hwange Colliery Company Limited, the leading coal producer in Zimbabwe, has a vacancy for the Ventilation Environmental Control Officer position reporting to the Underground Mine Manager. Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced professionals who meet the following job requirements: –
- Formulation and setting ventilation standards for the Underground mine.
- Update statutory underground plans and Mine inspectorate returns.
- Ensure calibration of ventilation instruments.
- Carrying out stone and air- borne dust sampling.
- Ensure strict adherence to testing of inflammable gas and Mobile Diesel Units.
- Carry out analysis of return air and temperature.
- Measurement of air quantities and velocities in the underground mine.
- Implement Environmental Management programmes to ensure sustainable use of resources.
- Ensure strict adherence to the ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System.
The successful candidate for this position should meet the following: –
- Diploma in Environmental Ventilation & Engineering or Diploma in Mining.
- Certificate of competence in Mine Environmental Control.
- Degree in Mining Engineering an added advantage.
- At least two years’ practical training in Mine Environment Control.
- At least six months’ underground mine experience.
- For the successful candidate, the company offers an attractive and competitive remuneration package and conditions of service.
Interested persons should submit their applications, together with detailed curriculum vitae and copies of educational and professional qualifications, not later than 12 May 2022 to:
Human Resources Manager
Hwange Colliery Company Limited
Or E-mail : [email protected]