- Post Date:August 10, 2021
- Views 1292
- Career Level OtherQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons for the following posts: –
1.0 INFRASTRUCTURE AND ESTATES MANAGEMENT DEPARTMENT
1.1 Director—Infrastructure and Estates Management (1 Post)
Qualifications and experience
Applicants should have:
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent froma recognized university;
- A Post Graduate degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent from arecognized university will be an added advantage;
- At least (6) years post qualification experience in a managerial position in the construction industry, four (4) of which should be at management level preferably in a university environment;
- A post graduate diploma in Project Management will be a distinct advantage;
- Registration with Zimbabwe Institute of Engineers/Engineering Council of Zimbabwe;
- Ability to work independently under minimum supervision.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Director of Works reports to the Vice Chancellor and is responsible for the following functions:-
- Physical planning, engineering designs and construction development of the University;
- Liaising with external organizations and experts on issues of physical development of the Institute; managing and supervising maintenance and construction contracts;
- Overseeing the general maintenance of Institute infrastructure including but not limited to water supply, wastewater, access roads and buildings;
- Ensuring proper upkeep of Institute grounds and their landscaping;
- Allocating duties to all staff under the Works and Estates Department and supervising the same;
- Managing the University Transport Division;
- Servicing the relevant University Committees;
- Attending to and liaising with external organizations who provide services such as water, roads, electricity etc to the Institute;
- Advising the Institute on engineering and issues of a technical nature and other duties as assigned by the Vice Chancellor.
1.2 Projects Officer – One year contract (1 Post)
Applicants should have a degree in Urban and Regional Planning or Construction Management, Architecture or Quantity Surveying or Civil Engineering or related disciplines, four (4) years experience in property development or building construction, ability to communicate effectively at all levels, ability to compile and write technical reports, should be a team player self-motivated and able to work without supervision and must be capable of using spreadsheets, graphic data base software and Microsoft project.
1.3 Quantity Surveyor – One year contract (1 Post)
Applicants should have a Bachelor of Quantity Surveying (Honours) degree obtained from a recognized university, five years of post-graduate experience in building, construction and civil engineering projects, a Project Management qualification would be an added advantage. The successful candidate must be a team player who is innovative and analytical, must be well versed with CCS Candy Auto CAD, Primavera, Win QS, Microsoft Project and Excel.
1.4 Clerk of Works -— one year contract (1 Post)
Applicants should have at least five (5) O’ Levels including Mathematics and English Language, a relevant Skilled Worker Class 1 qualification, a National Diploma in either Civil Engineering, Quantity Surveying, Architecture or Construction Management. A Higher National Diploma in the above stated disciplines would be an added advantage, at least three (3) years post qualification relevant experience in the construction industry and should be a team player who is able to work with minimum supervision.
2.0 SCHOOL OF INDUSTRIAL SCIENCES AND TECHNOLOGY
2.1 Food Processing Technology Department
2.1.1 Teaching Assistant (2 Posts)
Applicants should have a minimum of a Bachelor degree in Food Processing Technology or equivalent with a 2.1 degree class or better. The successful candidates will be expected to assist in conducting lectures and tutorials. A post graduate teaching qualification will be an added advantage.
2.2 Pharmaceutical Technology Department
2.2.1 Teaching Assistant (5 Posts)
Applicants should have a minimum of a Bachelor of Pharmacy degree or equivalent with a 2.1-degrce class or better. The applicants should be registered with the Pharmacist Council of Zimbabwe. A postgraduate teaching qualification will be an added advantage. The successful candidates should be able to prepare and conduct practical sessions, assist lecturers in seminars and tutorials in Pharmaceutical Analysis, Pharmaceutical Formulation Technology, Pharmacognosy, Microbiology Biochemistry, Organic Chemistry, Pharmacology and a variety of other related undergraduate courses.
3.0 SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY
3.1 Chemical and Process Systems Engineering Department
3.1.1 Lecturer/Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor/ Professor (5 Posts)
Applicants should have a Master of Technology degree in Chemical and Process Systems Engineering or equivalent. A PhD or equivalent would be an added advantage. Successful candidates will be expected to teach the following undergraduate courses: Physical and Colloidal Chemistry, Process Systems Design, Computer Integration Systems, Process Modelling, Simulation and Optimisation, Petroleum Technology, Petrochemical Technology, Chemical Technology, Principles of Computational Fluid Dynamics. The candidates should take a leading role in departmental
researches and consultancy services and participate in commercialization of research projects. The candidates will also be required to perform any other duties as assigned by the Vice Chancellor.
3.1.2 Teaching Assistant (5 Posts)
Applicants should have a Bachelor of Technology (Honours) in Chemical and Process System Engineering or equivalent with at least a 2.1 degree classification, The successful candidates will assist in the following courses: Physical and Colloidal Chemistry, Process Systems Design, Computer Integration Systems, Process Modelling, Simulation and Optimisation, Petroleum Technology, Petrochemical Technology, Chemical Technology and Principles of Computational Fluid Dynamics.
Details on salary, allowances and other benefits will be made available to short-listed candidates. Application letters, certified copies of certificates and C.Vs giving full personal details including full names, place and date of birth, qualifications, experience, present salary, date of availability and names of at least three (3) referees should be uploaded on: https://www.hit.ac.zw/vacancies.html in a single PDF file.
Closing date for receipt of applications is Friday, 20 August 2021.
Harare Institute of Technology is an equal opportunity employer.