- Post Date:February 8, 2022
- Views 799
- Career Level StudentQualification DegreeExperience Fresh
- Industry Non Governmental
Established in 1949, SOS Children’s Villages International (CVI) is a dynamic, international social development organization working globally to meet the needs and protect the interests and rights of children without parental care and those who are at the risk of losing it.
SOS Children’s Villages Association of Zimbabwe is a member of SOS International – a worldwide children’s social welfare organisation, providing vulnerable children without homes with a family home and educational opportunities as well as strengthening families to reduce poverty. We have presence in Waterfalls, Chitungwiza, Bindura, Shamva and Bulawayo.
Mission of the position
We are looking for Interns to undergo one year of work related learning in the following disciplines. This internship will provide the Intern with the opportunity to give back to the community while gaining exposure to practical application of knowledge and developing relevant skills and establishing professional networks.
- Youth Care x 3;
- Youth & Education x 1;
- Child Development x 2;
- Finance x 2;
- Sponsorship x 1;
- Community Development x 2
Qualifications and competencies
- Studying towards a Bachelor’s Degree Social Work, Psychology, Developmental Studies or related field are encouraged to apply;
- For Sponsorship Internship we are looking for candidates studying towards a Bachelor’s Degree in English and Communications, Media Studies, Journalism or related;
- Appreciation of Photography, Videography will be an added advantage;
- Finance Interns should be studying towards a Bachelor of Accountancy, Business Studies or similar;
- A self-starter and able to work with minimum supervision;
- Basic appreciation of Zimbabwean labor laws;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Detail-oriented and able to demonstrate excellent administrative and organizational skills, and Good interpersonal skills.
Please send your detailed curriculum vitae (CV), and photocopies of certified academic certificates. Candidates should be willing to serve the Internship and Volunteerism at any of our 3 Locations: Bulawayo, Waterfalls and Bindura. Applications should be submitted electronically indicating the position you are applying for in the subject line and sent to [email protected]
Applications that are late and do not have a CV or certified certificates attached will be disqualified. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
SOS Children’s Villages Zimbabwe holds strict child safeguarding principles and a zero-tolerance policy for conducts of sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse in the workplace and other places where the organization’s activities are rendered. Parallel to technical competence, recruitment, selection and hiring decisions will give due emphasis to assessing candidates value congruence and thorough background checks, police clearance reference check processes.
SOS Children’s Villages Zimbabwe is an equal opportunities employer and encourages all eligible applicants to apply without any consideration to sex, cultural consideration, disability or creed.
Deadline: 11 February 2022