- Post Date:August 2, 2022
- Views 197
- Career Level OtherQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Insurance
The vacancy of UNDERWRITER has arisen within Nicoz Diamond Insurance and applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill this vacancy.
Reporting to: The Underwriting Supervisor
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- New business acquisition through various channels.
- Receiving quotation requests from brokers on daily basis.
- Receiving and actioning policy instructions into the Premium system.
- Initiating risk inspections and property valuations by the risk valuers and assessors.
- Making risk management recommendations based on reports from assessors and valuers.
- Negotiating Reinsurance placements and preparing Reinsurance slips for signing by reinsurers.
- Sourcing new business from Brokers through engagements.
- Building and maintaining broker relationships through regular broker visits and ad hoc social entertainment.
- Degree in Risk Management or Insurance
- A Professional Qualification i.e., ACI, AIISA is an. added advantage.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar position in a short-term insurance or reinsurance environment.
- Good knowledge of Facultative practices.
- Knowledge and understanding of current market lends within the industry, external factors that could impact the business, as well as a sound understanding of competitor product offerings.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
Candidates meeting the above criteria should forward their Curriculum Vitaes (CVs), copies of certificates and application letters to Group Human resources via the following email address: c[email protected]
Applications should be sent by not later than 5 August 2022
First Mutual Holdings Limited Group does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, age, disability or marital status. The Group encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled and all other qualified applicants.