- Post Date:May 26, 2021
- Views 409
- Career Level OtherQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Business
Cassava Smartech is looking for a competent Underwriter to join its Midlands region short-term insurance team. The main purpose of the role is to acquire, grow and retain profitable policy business in line with set prudent underwriting standards, that enhance viability, profitability, and superior customer experience.
- Assess and quality check risk proposals in relation to the amount at risk for appropriate premium maximums in line with risk profile, lapse and profitability standards.
- Evaluate, compile and submit reinsurance portions that enhance profitability as per set reinsurance margins.
- Assess, analyse, adjust policy terms as per customer claims experience, market conditions for appropriate premium calculations on repeat business.
- Query receipt, investigation and resolution as per set turn-around cycles.
- Facilitate technical product and terms training to key stakeholders to enhance alignment and goodwill.
- Prepare, evaluate and submit reinsurance returns as per treaty agreements and agreed service standards.
- Assist with claims validation, investigation and general assessment for compliance to underwritten terms, conditions identification and elimination of claim moral hazards.
- Client relationship management, including but not limited to brokers, reinsurers and customer feedback to augment repeat business, risk management controls and standards.
- Assist with risk surveys, inspections in line with risk portfolios, policy fees, retention limits and acceptable premium rates.
- Assist with continuous review, analysis, amendment of policy wording and insurance terms of existing and new products in line with international best and superior customer experience standards.
- Champion treaty terms that align with acceptable risk standards by the business and compile monthly underwriting statistics per decision, area office and product.
- Drive new product development in partnership with reinsurers and actuaries in line with acceptable pricing, business retention and profitability margins.
- Assist with risk profiling to enhance accurate determination of underwriting rules and conditions.
- Perform any other relevant duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualification, Skills and Experience
- Degree in Risk and Insurance, Actuarial Science or equivalent.
- Insurance Associateship will be an added advantage.
- 3 to 4 years’ experience in a similar or related environment and position.
- Analytical, conceptual, attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Interpersonal as well as proven client relationship management skills demonstrated by the ability to interact at all levels within and outside of the business.
Please apply to: The HR Business Partner by sending your CV to [email protected] clearly indicating the position “Underwriter” in the
subject area by the 31st of May 2021.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.