Underwriter (Bulawayo Office)
- Post Date:December 6, 2021
- Views 571
- Career Level OtherQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Business
REPORTING TO: THE HEAD OF UNDERWRITING
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Drive quality business growth by marketing products and sourcing new business through client visits amongst other initiatives.
- Maintain relationships with customers, brokers, business partners, reinsurers, and colleagues.
- Develop knowledge of market dynamics and market cycles to support the performance of the unit.
- Underwrite insurance risks in accordance with the business plan and personal authority to meet business objectives, including negotiating rates, terms, and conditions for existing and new business as well as compliance with the production and issue of documentation in accordance with the contract certainty requirements.
- Review and analyze the portfolio to identify progress towards business objectives.
- Timeous processing of entries into relevant systems and ensuring accuracy of data with relation to both underwriting and aggregate exposures.
- Assist Credit Control on premium collections and reconciliations.
- Reverse uncollectable premiums relating to the unit.
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
THE IDEAL POSITION HOLDER SHOULD POSSESS THE FOLLOWING COMPETENCIES, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- A Degree in Risk Management & Insurance or equivalent.
- Diploma or Associateship qualification will be an added advantage.
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar capacity
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Be a strong team player
- Be hardworking, diligent and honest
- Goal orientated, dependable
- Be an articulate and effective communicator across all levels of business.
Interested candidates meeting the above criteria should submit their detailed CV’s and application letters clearly stating the position of interest in the subject field no later than Tuesday December 7th 2021 to c[email protected].
Related Jobs (37)
Researcher – Gender Equality and Women Political Leadership on January 18, 2022 Consultancy Contract