- Post Date:June 4, 2022
- Views 266
- Career Level OtherQualification DiplomaExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry ICT
We are seeking a user experience designer to join our team. Your primary role will be to research and design usable interfaces, perform usability testing, and create prototypes to validate design concepts. The ideal candidate will use this information to help us create the best user experience possible for our client websites and mobile applications.
The work will be very innovative, and you will help inform the design of future products.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Leverage a human-centred design process to deliver an easy-to-use user interface and user experience
- Research customers, competitors, and products
- Develop personas, scenarios, and user stories
- Work with stakeholders to identify requirements
- Create wireframes, prototypes, and high-fidelity mock-ups
- Develop and implement usability testing
- Design for accessibility standards
- Create and maintain usability documentation
- Work with engineers to ensure product quality
- Work closely with product managers and marketing to maximize client & customer success
- Ensure products are tested with customers and validated against business goals
- Work independently or with a team as required
- Attend and help drive demos
- Attend and help drive regular stand-ups
- Attend and help drive client presentations
- Solid understanding of UI/UX Tools like Adobe Creative, Figma, Sketch, Balsamiq, InVision etc
- A proven track record of delivering usable interfaces that are user focused
- Experience with design thinking
- Prior experience with SCRUM/Agile methodologies
- Attention to details
- Working knowledge of UX design principles
- User interface design
- Wire-framing / prototyping experience and portfolio
- Experience with user testing and usability analysis
About Velocity Inc.
Velocity believes in doing the right thing for our customers, for our business and for our employees. We do this by treating people the way we want to be treated. Fairly, honestly, with respect and consideration.
Velocity is a great place to do awesome work. You’ll:
- Join a tight-knit team working in an atmosphere of friendship, exploration, and respect.
- Work on a variety of projects and help build innovative technologies that will drive the future.
- Be part of a transparent company that’s active in making the software community stronger, smarter, and more diverse.
- Receive great benefits, including support for professional development, schedule flexibility, employee ownership, and generous vacation time.
- Leadership – Do what’s right, even if it’s tough
- Collaboration – Leverage our collective genius, be a team
- Transparency – Be real
- Accountability – Recognize that if it is to be, it’s up to me
- Passion – Show commitment in heart and mind
- Advocacy – Earn trust and business
- Quality – Ensure what we do, we do well