Two (2) x Project Officer (DRR)
- Post Date:March 9, 2021
- Views 456
- Career Level OfficerQualification DiplomaExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Requisition ID: req12664
Job Title: Project Officer (DRR)
Sector: Economic Recovery & Livelihood
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Chipinge, Zimbabwe
In anticipation of funding where the IRC will implement an 18 months project in Manicaland in partnership with another INGO, the IRC is looking to recruit 2 Project Officers – (Disaster Risk Reduction). Reporting to the Program Manager (PM), the Project Officers provide implementation support and ensures that the IRC’s Education in Emergencies (EiE) and Disaster Risk Management (DRM) project in Chimanimani and Chipinge are implemented within the quality guidelines provided by the PM. In close collaboration with the PM and the implementing partner, the Project Officers are also involved in day to day program implementation activities, initiating project procurements, community and stakeholder engagement and coordination. In addition, they will represent the IRC at relevant cluster coordination meetings at district and community levels. The incumbents will be based in Chipinge with frequent travel to the field to offer on-the-spot technical to communities.
Key Job functions/responsibilities:
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Actively contribute to the planning and implementation of project activities, day to day management and monitoring and evaluation of emergency EiE and DRM programming in each of the 2 districts.
- Represent IRC’s EiE and DRM programs in relevant Cluster Coordination Meetings at district and community levels.
- Collect relevant and up to date information/data pertaining to emergency situations in the country.
- Document lessons learned in education and DRM projects and ensure that lessons are translated into program improvements.
- Provide implementation support to the project beneficiaries in close collaboration with PM and relevant partners.
- Endure project objectives are implemented on time and on budget.
- Support the regular collection of updated information regarding the humanitarian needs of crisis affected communities.
- Contribute requisite information towards the development of concept notes and proposals in response to any possible opportunities in DRM, child protection and education sectors based on the needs on the ground.
- Liaise, coordinate, and work closely with IRC operational staff (i.e. HR, Supply Chain and Finance) to ensure timely and effective program planning and implementation, and to jointly address issues affecting program delivery as they arise
- At the request of the PM, take ownership for miscellaneous tasks or projects not falling under responsibilities underlined in this job description.
Project Planning and Implementation:
- Develop work plans, procurement plans and spending plans on timely manner and liaise with the PM and Harare based SC for procuring of goods and services with accurate specifications and realistic cost.
- Ensure that field implementation if advised by technical guidelines from the PM to ensure that there is quality implementation of projects in collaboration with Harare and HQ based technical teams.
- Participate in periodic (bi-weekly) check-in calls/meetings with the field team (emergency) to update progress, spot bottle necks and suggest and implement solutions.
- Actively participate in the project cycle meetings to reflect on the needs, success and challenges of the project and document and apply lessons learned.
- Adhere to EiE Minimum Standards, Child Protection Minimum Standards, and SPHERE Protection Standards during the implementation and monitoring and evaluation of the projects as guided by the PM.
- Supervise budgets versus actual expenditure (BvA) on relevant budget lines on monthly basis and take appropriate action based on the status of spending of specific budget lines.
- Detail the number of clients in each project with age and gender disaggregated and file for future use and reporting.
Grant Monitoring and Reporting:
- Conduct regular community monitoring visits and provide support for the team in the field for taking corrective measures.
- Document key findings of the internal and external assessments for planning purpose.
- Review reports from the communities and provide feedback.
- Draft/review reports and share with PM within the given timeframe.
- Work with the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Team to ensure that monitoring and evaluation systems are in place inputs are provided in timely manner.
Staff Management and Development:
- Engage in technical supervision and training of community volunteers to fulfil the minimum skills set across both the child protection and education sectors.
- Maintain open and professional relations with team members, promoting a strong team spirit and providing guidance to enable staff to successfully perform in their positions and support them to in following personal staff development plans.
Representation, Coordination and Advocacy:
- Engage and maintain effective/professional working relationships with key partners, including donors, government actors, UN agencies, international and local NGOs, and other relevant actors in emergency and recovery programs.
- Represent IRC in coordination and working group meetings at appropriate levels to share experiences and challenges with other actors.
- Undergraduate Degree/Diploma in Education, Educational Planning and Management (EDPM); Educational Leadership, Development Management, Development Studies, Development Economics or related field of studies.
- Relevant experience in international NGOs at least one year of managerial experience.
- Other relevant qualification in disaster management.
- Excellent professional track record with a minimum of 3 years of field level experience within NGO working in DRM/child protection/education in emergency/ humanitarian program implementation in conflict or immediate post conflict environments.
- Experience in implementing and/or technically supporting emergency programs related to education and disaster management.
- Strong monitoring and evaluation experience.
- Computer literate.
- Experience in working with multicultural and diversified workforce.
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong ability to organize work, meet deadlines, maintain composure, prioritize work under pressure, coordinate multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail.
Deadline: 12 March 2021