Two (2) x Project Field Assistant - VSLA
- Post Date:March 21, 2021
- Views 489
- Career Level AssistantQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
CARE International in Zimbabwe is recruiting for the START4Girls Project, an Education Project implementing in Mutare and Buhera Districts in Manicaland Province, aiming to strengthen the agency and capacities of adolescent girls and young women, and the broader education ecosystem that supports them so as to promote sustained engagement in secondary education and/or training and their successful transition to adulthood.
The organization seeks to recruit outstanding candidates who are known for their excellence, professionalism, integrity and who are committed to providing support towards the improvement of quality of education for vulnerable women and girls in remote locations of the targeted province.
To facilitate the rolling out of VSL, IGAs, School resilience projects and Voc tech skills development in schools and targeted communities in Buhera and Mutare districts responding to the differentiated needs of adolescent girls and young women to ensure continued education for adolescent girls including those living with disabilities
Key duties and Responsibilities
- Meets and discusses district level project activities with the Field Supervisor for planning weekly project activities at community level
- Conducts community stakeholder orientation and sensitization
- Identifies and capacitates existing groups on Income generating activities
- Trains new groups on VS&L and IGAs
- Conducts community capacity building, such as training of committees, Cluster facilitators and individuals
- Facilitates implementation of adapted versions of the project models such as school resilience frameworks, IGAs and VSLAs, VocTech training packages, following CARE and MoPSE and relevant stakeholders’ guidelines
- Trains VS&L individuals with small enterprises on business development services
- Facilitates linkages of VSL groups to micro-finance institutions and skills development institutions
- Sensitizes VS&L groups towards behavior change on decision making, power relations and other gender related issues affecting girl’s education
- Conducts regular monitoring of IGAs and VS&L groups and conducts verification and follow-up
- Coordinates community participation and stakeholder coordination at community and district levels
- Organizes and facilitates community level meetings
- Participates in data collection, writing monthly, quarterly and annual reports (Narrative reports, Success Stories) and share with supervisor and WEE specialist.
- Ensures that IASC core principles and Safeguarding standards are met and maintained accordingly during project planning and implementation.
- 2 years’ experience in community development/adult training or related providing technical support to savings clubs in communities/ schools/ Adult training VSLAs, financial literacy and IGAs and skills development
- Demonstrate understanding of the relationship between Education and girls Economic Empowerment.
- experience working with Government ministries, local authorities, Civic society organisations, adolescents and communities.
- Ability to ride a motor bike to support project activities.
Interested and qualified persons should apply here
CARE is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity and diversity. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children and safeguarding employees and communities from Sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse. CARE does not, and will never solicit money for any part of its recruitment processes including short-listing, interviews, background, and/or medical check-ups. We will not be responsible for such fraudulent correspondence or any loss of money or theft which may result from anyone engaging in any fraudulent recruitment activity.
Deadline: 27 March 2021