Two (2) x Financial Administrator
- Post Date:February 11, 2021
- Views 450
- Qualification DegreeExperience 1-3 YearsIndustry Non Governmental
Duty station: Bulawayo and Harare
Welthungerhilfe is one of the largest German non-governmental Organisations in development co- operation and emergency relief. Primarily in cooperation with local partner Organisations, our task is to contribute to the improvement in nutritional and income base for the low-income populations in Africa, Asia and Latin America. Welthungerhilfe has been implementing projects in Zimbabwe since 1980. Sector focus is on WASH, Food and Nutrition Security, Livelihoods and when necessary, Emergency response.
Welthungerhilfe Zimbabwe is leading a consortium with Empretec and Bio Innovation Zimbabwe (BIZ) as implementing partners in the implementation of a European Union funded project. The project titled Strengthening Competitiveness and Potential for Export for Inclusive Value Chains (SCOPE4IVC) will be implemented in Gokwe, Umzingwane, Bubi and Chivi districts. SCOPE4IVC seeks to improve productivity and export competitiveness of Medium and small enterprises (MSMEs) in chili, nyimo and marula VCs and to enable Business Support Organisations (BSOs) to deliver high-value services at all levels of the Value Chain.
The role involves performing financial functions related to recording, analysing and presentation of project’s financial operations. This position has a dual reporting that is to the Head of Project for daily routine tasks and to the Head of Finance on internal and external reporting
Duties and Responsibilities –
- Confirms booked vouchers in Funds Pro;
- Generates WHH monthly reports; Files monthly reports and check lists on PROMIS on or before the last day of the month following the end of the period;
- Checks partner vouchers and generate a report to share with the partner before booking the partner reported expenditure in Funds Pro;
- Prepares partnership addendums and cost and financing plans for approved amended partner budgets for review by the Financial and Systems Compliance Coordinator;
- Ensures that statutory returns are remitted in the month the deductions are made and shared with the Country Office every month; VAT refund returns to ZIMRA processing
- ; Reviews and signs off payments; Coordinates with Head of Project and Logistics department on upcoming payments and ensures that no delays are made in settling supplier invoices;
- Ensures that the payment voucher for Direct payment request has all the supporting documents before forwarding the documents to the Head of Finance for his review and approval;
- Supervises Administrative Assistant(s);
- Financial Administrator Manages the cash flow of the project and ensures that there are enough funds to cover project obligations at any given time;
- Assists the Head of Project on Administering the budget in accordance with Donor regulations as well as WHH internal regulations;
- Keeps track of the donor reporting deadlines for the project(s) under his/her care;
- Serves as the focal person for project(s) audit;
- Prepares cost allocation invoices monthly and shares the invoices with the respective projects for reimbursement;
- Ensures that mileage invoices are settled monthly;
- Ensures that invoices for cost allocations (personnel and running costs) are settled monthly;
- Any other duties that may be assigned.
Qualifications, skills and experience required
- University Degree in Accounting or equivalent;
- Must be studying towards ACCA, CIS or CIMA;
- At least two years of relevant professional experience;
- Good analytical, organisational and communication skills;
- Initiative, passion and commitment to Welthungerhilfe professional values
Interested candidates should submit a letter of motivation and their CVs to [email protected] Please state the position applied for in the subject line of the email.
Due to overwhelming responses to adverts, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
During the application process, WHH will not charge any fee nor will it require any payment for an application to be considered. WHH is an equal opportunity employer and employs personnel without regard to race, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, language, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status and or physical handicap. Persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 19 February 2021