Two (2) x Finance and Administration Intern
- Post Date:May 5, 2021
- Views 607
- Career Level StudentQualification DegreeExperience Fresh
Duty Station: Harare (1), Bulawayo (1)
Estimated starting date: 15 May 2021
SHDF, a local membership-based capacity building organization is seeking an attentive, organized, and motivated Finance Intern.
Working directly under the supervision of the Finance Officer, the duties of the Finance Intern will include, but may not be limited to the following:
- Assisting in preparation of financial accounts and ensure proper support is given to Finance and program staff;
- Assists with Bookkeeping and ensure all required reports are prepared and submitted in a timely manner;
- Assist in Administration and facilitation of special events registration and execution;
- Assists in Procurement as per organization’s manual;
- Assists with reports and minutes on financial capacity assessments;
- Check advance payment and clear same transactions and report accordingly;
- Assists in maintaining the Asset register and controlling petty cash payments;
- Assist in managing and reconciling bank/cash and other balance sheet accounts;
- Assist in maintaining accurate and up-to-date financial records and provide information when required;
- Assists in ensuring proper documentation for all financial transactions and filing thereof;
- Any other duties assigned by FO.
Qualifications and skills Required
The candidate must be:
- Studying towards a degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or other related professional fields;
- Good computer literacy in MS Office skills in the use of email, internet, Word and Excel;
- Good attention to detail and a methodical approach to your work; ability to work under tight deadlines;
- Able to accurately undertake basic administrative tasks like document and information collation, filing, creating word documents, simple spreadsheets;
- Good interpersonal and team working skills, within a predominantly female environment;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Strong IT skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in team situations;
- Knowledge of NGO sector would be a beneficial.
The candidate must be resident in Harare / Bulawayo.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of motivation and their Resume to: [email protected] In the subject line of the email please write “Finance Intern Position” indicating the preferred duty station.
Deadline for applications: 7 May 2021
Related Jobs (37)
Assistant Bursar x 3 & Administrative Assistant x 2 on January 19, 2022 Contract