Two (2) x Consultants for Mass Media and Video Editing
- Post Date:March 30, 2021
- Views 351
- Career Level ConsultantQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Duty Station: Harare and Bulawayo
Welthungerhilfe is one of the largest, privately held, non-denominational and politically independent German non-governmental organisations in the area of development co-operation and emergency relief. Primarily in cooperation with local partner organisations, its task is to contribute to improved income and nutrition for the poorest rural populations in Africa, Asia and Latin America. Welthungerhilfe has been implementing projects in Zimbabwe almost continuously since 1980. Currently the organisation together with its partners has projects in 5 Provinces. Sector focus is on Food and Nutrition security including WASH, and when necessary Emergency response. Welthungerhilfe is an implementing partner of the Zimbabwe Agricultural growth programme where it is leading the Zimbabwe Agricultural Knowledge and Innovation services project in Mashonaland West and Matabeleland South respectively.
Terms of Reference: Mass Media and video editing consultant (X2-Northern region and Southern Region)
WHH together with ICRISAT, CTDO and SAT are implementing a project entitled “Zimbabwe Agricultural Knowledge and Innovation Systems” which is funded by the European Union under the Zimbabwe Agricultural Growth Programme”. Part of this project involves creating innovative extension delivery models for which video-based extension has been identified as such model. The video extension model is intended to be implemented with the aid of a Mass media and video editing consultant whose responsibility will be to support the shooting and editing of agricultural extension videos at the Agricultural centres of excellence at Chibero and Matopos respectively.
Expected Work Delivery
- Overseeing and shooting agricultural extension videos and podcasts at the Agricultural centres of excellence;
- Packaging the content for various audiences;
- Training focal staff on technical aspects of podcast and video editing
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mass media, Publishing studies Communications, Journalism, Information science and any other related field;
- Internationally recognised certifications in mass media production or related subject;
- Proven record in developing video and audio content for the development sector/NGO space;
- Fluency in Shona and IsiNdebele a must for the respective region (Northern and southern region).
- International certifications in mass media, publishing and online content marketing is an advantage.
Time & Duration
The assignment to be conducted in 9 months
Please send the proposal and additional documents to: [email protected] Please state the position applied for in the subject line of the email.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
During the application process, WHH will not charge any fee nor will it require any payment for an application to be considered; WHH is an equal opportunity employer and employs personnel without regard to race, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, language, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status and or physical handicap.
Deadline: 4 April 2021