Twenty four (24) x Survey Assistants
- Post Date:May 19, 2021
- Views 394
- Career Level AssistantQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Health Care
Duty Station: Harare
Contract duration: 2 months
CeSHHAR Zimbabwe is an organization that specializes in sexual health, HIV and AIDS research in Zimbabwe. CeSHHAR in collaboration with the MOHCC and NAC is implementing a National Sex Work Programme aimed at reducing HIV acquisition and transmission among female, male and transgender sex workers thereby reducing HIV transmission and acquisition to and from their clients. Low consistent condom use, risk of drug use and increasing transactional sex are some of the common reasons that put these key populations at risk of acquiring STI and HIV infection. Therefore, reaching these populations and increasing awareness and access to STI & HIV prevention, testing and treatment services are fundamental to reducing transmission of STI and HIV infections.
Scope of work
Under the overall supervision of the Team Leader, the Survey Assistant will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Survey assistants will assist in the recruitment, registration, consenting and enrolment of sex worker participants, will administer questionnaires to study.
- They will ensure that all aspects of their work are in line with Good Clinical Practice guidelines.
- Survey assistants will be under the direct supervision of the survey team leaders;
- Registration of participants;
- Conducting informed consent;
- Administer questionnaires using tablet computers (training will be provided);
- Maintain high quality standards of the data being collected.
- Social Science degree or similar qualification;
- Experience working in a reproductive research environment and working with vulnerable populations (sex workers) is an added advantage;
- Fluency in Shona, or Fluency in Shona and Ndebele;
- Commitment to working as part of a multidisciplinary research team;
- Excellent oral communication skills;
- Excellent organisational skills;
- Good time keeping;
- Current and valid certificate in Good Clinical Practice and Ethics is an advantage.
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communications;
- Good knowledge on use of Microsoft word, excel and power point;
- Good interpersonal communication skills and having high respect for confidentiality;
- Preference will be given to those having experience of working in Non-Governmental Organizations or Civil Society Organization in HIV/AIDS related programmes;
- Expected to work outside of normal office hours as required.
If you are interested in the above position please email your CV and application cover letter to [email protected] Indicate the position and duty station you are applying for in the subject line.
Only short-listed will be contacted.
Deadline: 21 May 2021 (4:30pm)