- Post Date:March 9, 2021
- Views 379
- Career Level ManagerQualification DiplomaExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Health Care
The Collaborative Clinical Research Centre (CCRC) is seeking a competent suitably trained and qualified Trial Manager to work at the CCRC Research Site in Harare. 2 Allan Wilson Avenue, Belgravia. This is a one-year fixed term contract. The CCRC implements high level HIV prevention and treatment research and collaborates with a broad range of partners nationally and internationally.
Qualifications and Attributes
- Degree or Diploma in Health Sciences;
- Knowledge of protocol adherence and GCP;
- 5 years’ experience working in clinical research;
- Possesses strong management and analytical skills;
- Good organizational skills and accurate reporting of data;
- Experience of managing confidential patient records;
- Ability to conduct trainings;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (Shona and English);
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team work;
- Experience as a Study/Trial coordinator is an added advantage.
This position requires a mature, highly motivated individual with a broad range of competencies and leadership skills. These should include initiative, excellent communication skills, good time management practice, ability to work independently with minimal or no supervision, delegate effectively and ability to work with a broad range of research departments and foreign organizations and sites including sponsors, funders and collaborators.
This Job Description is not exhaustive as other duties that are in line with this position may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor:
- Ensure that all allocated research protocols are implemented according to standard operating procedures from initiation to termination;
- Ensure that all allocated protocols being implemented at the site(s) have been granted initial and on-going approvals (in timely manner) from all relevant ethics and regulatory bodies;
- Oversee proper implementation of allocated protocols at the site including sample storage, shipping and tracking;
- Receive, distribute, share and discuss with relevant site staff any sponsor related information that includes but is not limited to protocol amendments and clarifications, protocol training, etc;
- Ensure that there is timeous protocol related communication with regard to emails, announcements, conference calls, visits, etc;
- Prepare the site to receive and work with internal and external monitors as required by Sponsors, Ethics and Regulatory bodies;
- To conduct post monitoring meetings with staff and effect any relevant corrective action;
- To work with Laboratory, Pharmacy, Data management, QA/QC and Community outreach departments to ensure smooth implementation of respective protocols;
- Work with the Site Trial Manager to ensure studies share resources for the efficient use of resources, where possible and applicable;
- To represent the site well: within Zimbabwe, regionally and internationally.
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to e-mail applications including detailed curriculum vitae with contactable references and certified copies of academic, identity cards, professional licences, and professional qualifications to: [email protected] or forward to :
2 Allan Wilson Avenue
The successful candidate must be able to start work in March 2021.
NB Only shortlisted candidates meeting the above requirements will be contacted for interviews.
Deadline: 12 March 2021