- Post Date:October 2, 2021
- Views 247
- Career Level AssistantQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Retail
As a Treasury Assistant, you will be responsible for the following activities :
- Updating exchange rates in SAP on daily basis using.
- Ensure bank reconciliations for all bank accounts for Total Zimbabwe and HAFS are done monthly, on or before the 10th of the following month.
- Compiling Bank Conditions Report monthly.
- Preparation and posting of journals for bank charges (including L. C charges) to banking commissions.
- Transfer L/C charges from banking commissions to Cost of Sales.
- Record and circulate all payments to signatories before submission to the bank.
- Filing of bank statements` soft copies monthly on shared drive.
- Post and clearing of unallocated deposits that are six months old from bank transitory accounts to unclaimed deposit account and make sure all the supporting documentation is in order.
- Prepare journals for writing off of unknown deposits that are 1 year six months old from the date they are transferred unclaimed deposits
- Preparing and Submitting acquittals to banks for all advance foreign payments to avoid red flags
Context and environment
- Position entails performing treasury functions which includes, but not limited to, bank reconciliations, timely updating of exchange rates in SAP and managing payment flows. Exchange rates should be updated timeously to avoid delays in business processes.
- Ensure good communication with banks for the benefit of the company and the banks.
Ideally as a Treasury Assistant, you will possess the following :
- A Degree in Finance or Accounting.
- A professional qualification in Accounting/ Finance/ Banking
- Excellent interpersonal and communication and negotiation skills.
Offer ID: 45881BR
Metier: General Finance Responsibility, Cost Control & Reporting, Financial Middle / Back Office, Cash & Financing Management
Employment type: Fixed term position
Contract duration: 1 Years
Experience level required: Less than 3 years
Branch: Marketing & Services