- Post Date:March 30, 2022
- Views 361
- Career Level OtherQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Local Government
REPORTS TO: CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the post of Treasurer. The incumbent will be involved in managing and improving efficiencies in Council’s financial operations to ensure that the organization remains financially viable in the line with its strategic goals and objectives.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Preparation of Council accounts, financial statements, and bank reconciliation reviews.
- Preparing Council budgets, financial analysis, and budget implementations.
- Managing the taxation and general compliance with laws.
- Assisting with development and execution of the strategic plans for Council.
- Establishing, implementing, and maintaining effective internal control system.
- Preparation and presentation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements to the Finance Committee.
- Preparation and presentation of Management Accounts weekly
- Developing and improving financial and accounting operating policies and procedures.
- Promote the generation of positive revenue growth.
- Management of staff in the Department.- Properly advising management and Council on all financial matters in terms of the law.
- Management of Petty cash and ensuring Petty cash reconciliations.
- Ensuring that all Council obligation are funded timeously.
- Ensuring that Council Books of Accounts are audited within the mandatory timelines.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- At least 5 ‘O’ Levels including English and Mathematics.
- Must have a degree in Accounting.
- Professional qualification such as(ACCA, CIS ) will be an added advantage .
- At least five years’ post-qualification experience at middle or senior level management in a Local Authority Environment.
- A clean Class four Drivers Licence is an added advantage .
- Must be mature and be at least 35 years old.
- Must not have a criminal record.
Submit your application letter accompanied by a detailed Curriculum Vitae and certified copies of academic and professional qualifications to:
THE CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
MUTASA RURAL DISTRICT COUNCIL
Or email to: [email protected]
Closing date for submission is the 31st of March 2022.