- Post Date:May 4, 2021
- Views 594
- Career Level ManagerQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry ICT
We seek to recruit an outstanding and result oriented individual to fill the post of Transport Manager in our organisation:
The incumbent will report to the Head of Administration.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and implement a proactive, planned and structured approach to the maintenance of fleet vehicles, keeping
within the designated budget and ensuring all vehicles used are fit for purpose.
- Manage service and maintenance schedules to ensure that the optimum number of vehicles are working at all times to meet
- Lead in the procurement and disposal of all Company vehicles
- Review fleet service quality levels through monitoring quality and speed of vehicle services.
- Control fleet usage through tracking system reports and to recommend improvements.
- Implement,maintain and develop policies and processes to ensure the fleet operates effectively and efficiently.
- Ensure the existence of a good relationship with suppliers including garages, fuel suppliers, panel beaters and insurers.
- Degree in Transport and Logistics Management or equivalent.
- Membership to a relevant and recognized professional body will be an added advantage.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar or related environment and three of which should be in a management position.
- An analytic mind and good numeracy skills.
- Excellent geographical knowledge.
- Good people management and coordination skills.
- Excellent financial acumen.
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills.
- Extensive knowledge of the transportation industry.
- Good intuition to make crucial judgment calls.
Applications accompanied with detailed Curriculum Vitae and Educational qualifications should be sent HERE
Closing Date: 7 May 2021