- Post Date:February 15, 2022
- Views 466
- Career Level ClerkQualification DiplomaExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Transportation
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the post of TRANSPORT CLERK.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The position exists to implement efficient transport service and vehicle maintenance systems,
The incumbent reports to the Administration Manager
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Managing vehicle availability by scheduling routine maintenance, servicing and ensuring that accurate record is maintained and curtail breakdown.
- Carry out Fuel Audits for the organization’s vehicles and Generators.
- Assisting the Transport Controller in coming up with the fuel budget for the organization’s fleet
- Ensuring that the organization’s flect is licensed and insured.
- Ensuring that the organization’s fleet is adequately fueled to achieve the organization’s mandate
- Preparing Logs and summary sheets of mileage and fuel consumed on a Monthly Basis
- Preparing Reports on fuel usage, repairs and running costs of the vehicle fleet
- Recording and reporting accidents and thefts of the organization’s vehicles.
- Recommending maintenance and repairs of the organization’s fleet of vehicles
- Submit Quarterly trend reports to the Transport Controller
- Maintaining accurate records of the organization’s Fleet of Vehicles
- Maintaining updated files for each vehicle with relevant information
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- 5 Ordinary levels including Mathematics and English.
- Diploma in Transport and logistics.
- Class 4 Driver’s Licence
- Defensive Driving Certificate
- At least 2 years relevant working experience.
Skills/knowledge required to meet demands of the job
- Sound judgement and analytical skills
- Ms. Office, PowerPoint and Excel spread sheets.
- Be a good communicator,
- SAP knowledge
- Be able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
Application letters with detailed resumes, certified copies of national ID , academic and professional certificates with three traceable referees should be submitted not later than 18 February 2022 at 4.30 pm to:
The Director Administration and Human Resources
489 Runiville Glenroy Crescent
Or send via email to: [email protected]
Applicants can also lodge their application at the nearest ZINARA Provincial Offices.