Traffic Safety Officer x 7
- Post Date:September 1, 2021
- Views 691
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Transportation
Applications are invited for the post of Traffic Safety Officer in a reputable Organisation.
REPORTS TO: REGIONAL TRAFFIC SAFETY MANAGER
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The position exists to promote reduction in road traffic crashes which result in loss of life, injury and damage to property through provision of road safety interventions around the five pillars of road safety management system.
- Plans and teaches Driving instructors’ course.
- Plans and teaches Defensive driving course (DDC).
- Plans and teaches Defensive driving instructors’ course.
- Plans and teaches road safety online and radio lessons.
- Teaches Road Safety in communities, schools, traffic training centre and corporates.
- Carries out Road Safety stakeholder engagements and consultations.
- Conducts Road safety inspections and audits.
- Conducts Road infrastructure star rating.
- Inspects and monitors defensive driving cooperating agencies.
- Inspects driving schools for compliance to S I 309 of 85.
- Markets defensive driving courses to the public and the corporate world.
- Markets the highway code, driver handbook, instructors’ course, and fleet management courses.
- Conducts road safety campaigns at roadsides, in the Media, and in the streets.
- Conducts road safety environment impact assessments for corporates.
- Degree in Psychology, Statistics/Mathematics, Civil Engineering, Education, Media studies, Computing Sciences, Marketing and Environmental Sciences.
- Training and Research an added advantage.
- Qualifications in road safety an advantage.
- Avalid Zimbabwe Driver’s licence.
- Ability to demonstrate practical driving skills.
- Defensive Driving Certificate is a must.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & COMPETENCIES .
- Appreciation of Financial management.
- Good communication skills.
- Good report writing and presentation skills.
- Good computer skills.
All applications (6 copies) with certified copies of relevant qualifications and detailed C.V. to be addressed to:
The Managing Director
P O Box CY 293,
Closing Date of applications: 06.09.2021
The Organization is an equal opportunity employer and therefore encourages all qualified candidates to apply.