Trade Marketing Representative
- Post Date:March 31, 2021
- Views 569
- Career Level OtherQualification DiplomaExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Business
Job Number: 33442
Appointment Type: Permanent
- Achieve area coverage, call frequency and outlet visit plan in order to maximise route effectiveness and efficiency.
- Ensure the appropriate product range and visibility are achieved in all outlets.
- Ensure optimal stock levels, product quality and freshness through stock management and report on supply chain and product issues.
- Confirm that pricing is in line with the company strategy and report anomalies in key areas.
- Maintain accurate and relevant outlet information
- Provide market information and reports to ensure that the relevant people are fully informed at all times.
- To demonstrate a high degree of self-discipline and constantly seek to raise standards and deliver stretch results.
- To proactively seek opportunities for growth and self-development.
- To develop relationships with key decision makers in the retail, wholesale trade and effectively leverage the relationships to achieve business objectives.
- To develop effective peer working relationships and contribute to the establishment of a productive, innovative marketing culture.
The tobacco industry in PNG is undergoing unprecedented changes due to increased trade sophistication, concentration of decision power and increased use of technology. In the rapidly changing wholesale and retail environment, the TMR is BAT’s frontline in understanding and proactively responding to the changes in order to gain competitive advantage and to enhance BAT brand and profit performance. The role of the TMR is to manage the territory in order that it achieves brand, distribution, merchandising and promotion objectives of the Cycle and Operational Plans within legislative and International Marketing Standards requirements.
ii. Other Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Ideally, experience in FMCG for at least 2 years or previous experience as a TMR, AM or similar
- Tertiary Marketing or Business Qualification desirable
- Functional Knowledge & Skills
- Trade Marketing operational delivery
- Commercial / Business acumen
- Planning capability
- Prioritisation and risk management
- Territory (Patch) thought leadership
- Relationship management
- Marketing financials
- Intermediate account management
- Resource and budget management
- Managerial & Interpersonal Skills
- Results Driven
- Analytical skills
- Commitment to self and team/peer development
- Effective coaching and development skills
- Ability to embrace, communicate & manage change
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Self awareness and insight
- Developing and maintaining relationships with clients, external suppliers and commercial partners
- Negotiation and influencing
- Seeks continuous learning and improvement
iii. Key Success Factors
The most important metrics by which successful performance will be judged are:
- Patch Performance
- Market share
- Product availability / distribution targets
- Area/Patch ownership / leadership through brand growth
- Successful implementation of personal and team learning and development plans
- Retailer satisfaction targets
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships
- Commitment to personal and team development
iv. Working Relationship
- National Trade Marketing & Distribution team
- Key Accounts
- Marketing Finance, Corporate Finance
- Business Development Team; Projects & Activation
- Legal and External Affairs (LEX)
- Human Resources
- Marketing Leadership Team (MLT)
- Develop long term strategic partnerships with key customers (retailers)
- Business partnership approach
British American Tobacco is one of the world’s leading multinational companies, with brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries.
We are proud that we are consistently among the top 5 companies on the London Stock Exchange.
Our portfolio includes our world-famous Global Drive Brands – Dunhill, Kent, Lucky Strike, Pall Mall and Rothmans – along with many other leading international brands, such as Vogue, Peter Stuyvesant and State Express 555.
Alongside our traditional tobacco business, we are also developing products that offer consumers potentially less risky alternatives to regular cigarettes. Our Next Generation Products are already leading the way in the Industry of vapour and tobacco heating devices. We continue to develop a solid portfolio of consumer solutions which already include well known global brands like Vype, glo and Voke.
Contractual Legal Entity: BAT Zimbabwe Holdings Ltd (ZW11)
To apply, please CLICK HERE