- Post Date:August 17, 2021
- Views 390
- Career Level OtherQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
Applications are invited from suitably qualified, experienced and task oriented persons to fill the following position that has arisen in Council;
TOWN PLANNER: GRADE 14 (REPORTING TO TOWN ENGINEER)
The position once advertised as grade 12 and those who had responded are encouraged to re-apply.
- Degree in Rural and Urban Planning/Development from a reputable institution;
- A Masters’ Degree will be an added advantage;
- Minimum of three years’ experience at senior management level;
- At least 2 years Local authority/public sector working experience;
- Membership of the Institute of Planners.
- Computer literate with demonstrated knowledge of auto CAD and GIS;
- Clean Class 4 driver’s licence is desirable;
- At least 30 years of age:
- A clean record of service within the Local government fraternity
- A citizen of Zimbabwe .
- To be responsible for Council’s physical (spatial) planning section charged with development, production, implementation, regulation, control and enforcement of spacial plans in line with (RTCP Act and other relevant statutes.
- To be responsible for the processing of all development permit applications in the Town.
- To produce short, medium & long term development plans & strategies for the Town.
- Carry out development control in the Town.
- Liaise with Provincial Planning Office for preparation of plans in Chipinge Town.
- Assess development proposals and make recommendations for Council consideration.
- Write monthly, quarterly or annual developments reports to the Town Engineer.
- Create, update and manage Council’s project data bank.
- Be responsible for drawing up an annual budget for the planning section.
- To ensure that all diagrams layouts, pegging plans or general plans for the Town are properly and safely kept.
- To assist in the approval of building plans.
- Overall supervision of the planning section.
- Calculating and valuation of stand prices
- To deputises Town Engineer.
- To carry out any other duty in line with organizational goals as assigned by Town Engineer
Applicants should submit application letters, detailed CV and certified copies of certificates which should reach the office of the Town Secretary by close of business on or before Friday 27 August 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will automatically disqualify candidates.
The Town Secretary
Chipinge Town Council
Or email [email protected]
Applicants will need to provide a Police clearance certificate .