Town Engineer (Re-Advertisement)
- Post Date:December 9, 2021
- Views 1141
- Career Level EngineerQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Local Government
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the position of TOWN ENGINEER (Grade 12) which has arisen in Council. The position is Head of Department and they report to The Town Secretary.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Head of the Engineering Department.
- The design, construction and maintenance of roads, water, buildings and public lighting infrastructure.
- Town Planning and Developmental control.
- Management and maintenance of plant and equipment.
- Preparation of Departmental Budgets.
- To ensure that departmental staff are properly supervised through section heads.
- Preparing weekly, monthly, annual and adhoc Reports for the Town Secretary and the Works and Services Committee.
- To perform any other duties as may reasonably be assigned by the Town Secretary.
- Degree in Civil Engineering from a recognised university.
- A post Graduate Degree is an added advantage.
- Membership of a relevant Professional Body.
- At least 5 years relevant post qualification experience.
- A clean class driver’s license is an added advantage.
- At least 30 years old.
- Must be a citizen of Zimbabwe.
- No criminal record.
REMUNERATION: Council is offering an attractive remuneration package that reflects the importance of this post, the details of which will be disclosed to the successful candidates.
Applications in envelopes clearly marked “VACANCY -TOWN ENGINEER”, as appropriate, accompanied by a detailed Curriculum Vitae, certified copies of academic and Professional qualifications should be submitted to the undersigned no later than 10th June 2022.
The Acting Town Secretary
Stand No. 68,
P Bag 6041 ,
“EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY”