TOK Timber (Pvt) Ltd is a premier manufacturer, processor and distributor of timber and related products within Zimbabwe. We are seeking suitably qualified individual to fill the position of TOK Timber Manager.
Duty Station: Mutare
To plan, direct and manage the TOK Timber operations through management of the value chain from procurement, production management, quality control, monitoring equipment use and marketing of end products.
- Planning and Operations Management: activity planning and scheduling, controlling at and advising on the best methods of executing department objectives
- Spearheading business development projects including sourcing timber contracts
- Provide technical leadership for input of tenders and management of submissions ensuring deadlines are met.
- Managing production ensuring adherence to set production and quality targets ensuring recoveries of about 45% of raw material at a minimum
- Maintain sales targets based on production outputs.
- Management of logistics and pricing negotiations with third parties ensuring that profit margins are maintained.
- New business development and ensuring set up of new branches across the country.
Qualifications and competences
- At least a Higher National Diploma in Wood Technology or Forestry from a reputable institution
- At least 5 to 8 years’ experience in similar environment, 3 years should be in a managerial role
- Energetic self-stater able to work with minimal supervision
- Organizational and project management skills
- Ability to articulate the organizational vision and direct teams towards goals that support vision and strategy
Please apply to: The HR Officer: Email: email@example.com by no later than 14 January 2022.
Only shortlisted applicants will be responded to.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.