Three (3) x Field Officers (Chimanimani, Tsholotsho, Nkayi)
- Post Date:May 3, 2021
- Views 546
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
The major role of the Field Officer will be to establish strong coordination and linkages amongst all the major stakeholders in the field to ensure that program activities are implemented successfully. The Field Officer will be responsible for the field-level program implementation and for achievement of the field level outputs within their respective districts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the designing and implementation of all DRR and EiE activities in the districts with a focus on enhancing preparedness, early response and access to inclusive education in protective environments in the three districts;
- Set up (where relevant) and manage the project office at field level in accordance with the project work plan;
- Implement the project activities within his/her respective area of responsibility as per the annual work plan and budget;
- Ensure that the implementation of the work plan is consistent with the envisaged outputs and objectives of the project document;
- Work closely with Emergency Response Teams, NFI Committees and schoolteachers to improve the quality of delivery of project activities;
- Work closely with consultants/external facilitators in their different assignments in the district;
- Assist Coordinator in organizing various project workshops, coordination of beneficiary mobilisation;
- Update and report to the Project Coordinator on a regular basis about the progress and constraints and try to resolve implementation problems, if any, in consultation with the implementing partners with advice/guidance of the Project Coordinator;
- Assist the Project Coordinator in ensuring field-based project staff receive relevant skills training and knowledge development required for effective and efficient project administration and implementation;
- Supervise the activities of field-based staff and consultants, including administrative work and delivery of project outputs, and as required by Project Coordinator;
- Co-ordinate and cooperate with relevant stakeholders;
- Ensure a coordinated and collaborative approach is undertaken among project partners at field-level /implementing project interventions and achieving desired outcomes;
- Act as liaison to and cooperate with other WHH projects/programs in the region;
- Maintain close coordination/linkages with targeted district line agencies, local bodies, I/NGOs and projects within the project area and keep them fully informed of the project activities;
- Act as a field level representative for the project in various forums, as assigned by the Project Coordinator;
- Prepare annual work plan, quarterly progress report, annual progress report and other plans as required, with assistance/inputs of other project staff and ensure timely submission to the Project Management Unit;
- Assist the Project Coordinator on recruitment and oversight of subcontracts/consultants in the field;
- Provide additional support to Project Management Unit as required.
Qualifications, skills and experience required:
- Degree in Geography & Environment/Agriculture/Rural development/ Disaster Preparedness Education Management or other related/relevant fields;
- Related Master’s degree is an added advantage;
- At least 3 years’ experience in forecast-based financing, natural hazards and disasters, vulnerability assessments,
- Education in Emergencies, climate change, resilient infrastructure, and disaster risk management in a similar position within a national or international NGO;
- Familiarity with disaster risk management institutions and governance concepts, emergency preparedness and recovery strategies, and a range of disaster risk financing alternatives;
- Experience working and implementing projects in disaster preparedness and education in emergencies;
- Excellent command of written and spoken English;
- Very good command of spoken Shona and Ndebele);
- Good working knowledge of MS Office and modern telecommunication systems (telephone, fax, e-mail, internet);
- Ability to Ride a motorbike.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of motivation and their CVs to [email protected] Please state the position applied for in the subject line of the email.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
During the application process, WHH will not charge any fee nor will it require any payment for an application to be considered. WHH is an equal opportunity employer and employs personnel without regard to race, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, language, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status and or physical handicap. Persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 7 May 2021
Related Jobs (22)
Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Specialist on July 22, 2021 Full Time
Investigative Journalism Opportunities for Reporters and Mentors on July 22, 2021 Contract