Test Day Delivery Coordinator
- Post Date:September 21, 2021
- Views 464
- Career Level OtherQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
Location: Harare, Sub Saharan Africa, ZW
The British Council builds connections, understanding and trust between people in the UK and other countries through arts and culture, education and the English language.
We work in two ways – directly with individuals to transform their lives, and with governments and partners to make a bigger difference for the longer term, creating benefit for millions of people all over the world. We help young people to gain the skills, confidence and connections they are looking for to realise their potential and to participate in strong and inclusive communities. We support them to learn English, to get a high-quality education and to gain internationally recognised qualifications. Our work in arts and culture stimulates creative expression and exchange and nurtures creative enterprise. We connect the best of the UK with the world and the best of the world with the UK.
These connections lead to an understanding of each other’s strengths and of the challenges and values that we share. This builds trust between people in the UK and other nations which endures even when official relations may be strained. We work on the ground in more than 100 countries. In 2019-20 we connected with 80 million people directly and with 791 million overall, including online and through our broadcasts and publications.
Test Day Delivery Coordinator – Zimbabwe
Pay band: 4/H
Contract type: Locally Engaged
The purpose of this role is to ensure effective and efficient delivery of Exams. To manage Venue Supervisor engagement, relationship, and performance. To co-ordinate and manage any risk or issue resolution, including co-ordination of customer communication directly or through customer services. To be point of contact for Venues/Venue Supervisors on the day. This role will be required to work test days which will involve weekend work as part of the contracted hours.
Main opportunities / challenges for this role:
The Test Day Delivery Coordinator will:
be key to ensuring delivery of our exams operations at test centre level, working with new systems and processes, and ensuring that new ways of working are taken up and adhered to.
Act in unforeseen situations to solve problems to ensure Test Day is successfully executed.
Product Service Support
- Post holder will undertake the related planning and delivery functions in preparation for Test Days in line with BC processes
- Receives instructions and requests from cluster operations and plans, organises given resources accordingly (often at short notice) to ensure that work is carried out efficiently and effectively
- Receives and responds to enquiries from/to customers and may be a specific point of reference on queries relating to an area of nominated expertise or responsibility. Identifies where more complex issues require resolution by others and refers them accordingly
- Recognises and understands the impact of incidents arising (e.g. complaints, resourcing problems, logistical or technical difficulties) and proactively alerts the team leader to any issues of concern that are likely to impact service/project/task delivery or customer experience.
Relationship & stakeholder management
- Supports continuous improvement in the efficiency/cost effectiveness/quality of service delivery/systems in the unit or department
- Proactively works with Operations Manager to deliver satisfactory and timely resolution of customer (internal or external) complaints, coordinating input from other team members as required. Ensures the customer is kept informed throughout the process.
Risk and Compliance
- Undertakes contingency and risk management on the ground, liaises with Customer Service, Examiner or Venue Staff to ensure alignment on communications. Leads in providing support related to compliance or investigations on Test Day and related issues.
- Follows agreed corporate risk management processes and procedures when delivering services (e.g. child protection, security policies, financial protocols, anti-fraud measures) to protect the interests of the BC and its customers at all times.
- Experience working in a busy operational environment delivering high levels of customer service.
- Ability to ensure compliance, risk and security standards are monitored and maintained.
- Experience working in Exams
- Experience of supporting delivery of computer-based exams
- Communicating and influencing: Listens to others and expresses self clearly, with grammatical accuracy and awareness of a diverse audience in speaking and writing.
- Managing projects: Examines project data and performance, reporting on progress and recommending corrective action as needed.
- Planning and Organising: Organises own work over weeks and months, or plans for others, taking account of priorities and the impact on other people.
All applicants should have a pre-existing legal status to live and work in Zimbabwe. The British Council will not facilitate/sponsor visa applications and work permits.
Closing Date: 10 October 2021 applications will close 23:59 Kenya Time
If you have any problems with your application, please email [email protected]
Please note: Applications to this role can only be considered when made through the Apply section of our career’s website. Our ‘ASK HR’ email is only to be used in case of a technical issue encountered when applying through the career’s website HERE. Emails with supporting statements and CV/Resumes sent to this email address will not be reviewed and will be deleted.
A connected and trusted UK in a more connected and trusted world.
The British Council is committed to a policy of equality and to valuing diversity and is keen to reflect the diversity of the societies in which we work at every level within the organisation. We welcome applications from all sections of the community. We aim to abide by and promote equality legislation by following both the letter and the spirit of it to avoid unjustified discrimination, recognising discrimination as a barrier to equality of opportunity, inclusion and human rights. All staff worldwide are required to ensure their behaviour is consistent with our policies.
The British Council has Disability Confident Employer Status. We offer a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria for the role. Applicants are encouraged to highlight any specific requirements or adjustments needed to enable participation in the recruitment process.
The British Council is committed to safeguarding children, young people and adults who we work with.
We believe that all children and adults everywhere in the world deserve to live in safe environments and have the right to be protected from all forms of abuse, maltreatment and exploitation as set out in article 19, UNCRC (United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child) 1989.
Appointment to positions where there is direct involvement with vulnerable groups will be dependent on thorough checks being completed; these will include qualification checks, reference checks, identity & criminal record checks in line with legal requirements and with the British Council’s Safeguarding policies for Adults and Children.
Related Jobs (27)
Research Consultant (SSA-9): 4 months (50 days) contract duration on October 18, 2021 Consultancy
Head of Project (Harare) – Forecast Based Action (FbA) on October 16, 2021 Full Time