Technical Support Manger - Policy & Procedures, Customs & Excise
- Post Date:April 7, 2022
- Views 321
- Career Level ManagerQualification DiplomaExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Business
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill in the position of TECHNICAL SUPPORT MANAGER-POLICY & PROCEDURES, CUSTOMS & EXCISE – LEVEL 6 that has arisen within the Zimbabwe Revenue Authority (ZIMRA) – an equal opportunity employer.
- To provide technical advice on excise legislation and policy formulation through providing advisory services to the Customs & Excise Division.
- Drafting legislative proposals, trade statistics and legislation changes on Excise.
- Ensuring standardisation and uniform application of excise procedures and regulations within the Customs and Excise Division.
- Co-ordinate with Customs Technical Services on excise input into the Customs ASYCUDA system by authorising new information and changes to the existing programs.
- Prepare excise change requests and test the system before implementation
- Prepare and update operational guidelines and procedures, forms, technical handbooks and manuals.
- Co-ordination of review and update of SIs and manuals on Excise.
- Liaise with relevant functions for amendments and errors to the Excise legislation and manuals.
- Resolve adhoc tariff, valuation and penalty appeals.
- Creates synergies with other Government organisations and other revenue authorities for joint operations daily.
Job Skills and Competencies
- Self-starter with ability to work under pressure and beyond stipulated hours.
- Unquestionable integrity.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Good organizational, people and time management skills.
- Team player who is innovative and analytical.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting / Economics / Fiscal Studies / Business Studies / Business Management / Business Administration / Sociology or equivalent OR Full CIS OR Higher National Diploma in Accounting / Business Studies or equivalent.
- An MBA / MSc an added advantage.
- Thorough knowledge of Customs & Excise legislation and procedures.
- At least 4 years’ experience in Customs & Excise and or Taxes working environment in a supervisory grade.
- Knowledge of ASYCUDA World is a prerequisite.
Interested candidates should submit applications, accompanied by a detailed Curriculum Vitae and copies of academic and professional qualifications, by 9 April 2022. All applications should be emailed to [email protected] clearly indicating the position you are applying for as your E-mail Subject Reference and addressed to:
The Director Human Capital
Zimbabwe Revenue Authority
6th Floor ZB Centre
Corner First Street / Kwame Nkrumah Avenue
P. O. Box 4360
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be responded to.
Related Jobs (24)
Team Lead, Youth Political Attitudes and Behavior Assessment on June 22, 2022 Contract
Systems Strengthening Lead on June 22, 2022
Finance and Administration Graduate Trainee (Harare) on June 21, 2022 Internship