Technical Services Manager
- Post Date:April 25, 2022
- Views 401
- Career Level ManagerQualification Master’s DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Education
Reporting to the ICT Executive Director, the incumbent ensures that the company’s Information and Communication Technology (ICT) systems are available, secure and functionally reliable.
The ideal candidate should:
- Hold a Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology/Information Systems/ Data Analytics or related technical discipline apart from possessing a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems/ Information Technology/Telecommunications or any other relevant discipline.
- At least three (3) years working experience at managerial level, preferably managing a team of ICT technicians and exceptional understanding LAN/WAN switching and routing technologies are requisite.
- Possession of professional qualifications such as CEH, CCNA/CCNP, COBIT, AWS, and Firewall Administration will be an added advantage.
Duties and responsibilities
- Organizing, controlling and evaluating ICT Infrastructure and hardware systems;
- Managing the day-to-day monitoring of availability of key ICT infrastructure; coordinating problem solving, timeous allocation and resolution of faults, to ensure high level of support is provided to all users;
- Assisting in the planning, co-ordination and delivery of training to members of the ICT department, students and staff;
- Developing, implement and update ICT policies, processes and procedures;
- Ensuring the security of ICT Infrastructure devices, network access, systems and implementation information security and control structures;
- Identifying network bottlenecks and implement strategic solutions on time;
- Preserving ICT assets by implementing disaster recovery, back-up procedures and managing the business continuity plan;
- Researching, evaluating and recommending appropriate emerging technologies to ensure that ICT infrastructure is future proof and relevant to new changes that affects the university;
- Providing actionable metrics, performance records and reports to the Executive ICT Director;
- Acting as key resource person for LAN/WAN backbone ICT infrastructure projects;
- Managing the relevant Service Providers / Vendors performance, reporting and contracts;
- Planning and manages the regular reviews of key ICT infrastructure and generating reports on efficiencies and improvement areas;
- Managing vendor governance to ensure performance issues are addressed and relationship effectively managed;
- Maintaining professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and seminars, reviewing professional publications; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies;
- Driving the adoption and sustenance of international best practices and standards in ICT services management, ICT security and availability management;
- Assisting in monitoring and analyzing the performance of ICT systems (technical/network) by carrying out detailed examinations of existing systems and producing reports;
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned by the Executive Director of the ICT Department,
Six copies of the application letter, certified copies of certificates and CVs giving full personal details including full names, place and dates of birth, qualifications, experience, present salary, date of availability and names, addresses and telephone numbers of at least three referees should be addressed to: –
The Senior Assistant Registrar, Human Resources
Chinhoyi University of Technology,
Private Bag 7724,
Telephone No: – 0267-2129454 or 02671-2125293
NB: Applications may be emailed to [email protected] and should be sent as a single PDF document.
Applications that do not comply with the requirements will be disqualified. The closing date for receipt of applications is 26 April 2022.